Sea Fans/Gorgonians

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures are going up today, here are some of the fan frags.

This Blueberry sea fan didn't even close up after I cut it!!! I haven't lost any in two weeks so its either photosynthetic or it is in fact eating the Coral Frenzy mixed with Brightwell Amino acids I have been feeding.

blueberryfan1.jpg

These are my favorites, doing great and the tissue around the base has grown over the part I scraped off for mounting in just one week!

Seafan3.jpg

This purple on purple has been rock solid as well. Definitely photosynthetic, maybe a gorgonian.

purpleseafan1.jpg

OP
OP
CherryCorals

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Blue Berry's will be the hardest to keep, requiring frequent fine food feedings.

The red and purples have thicker branches and are probably some kind of gorgonian.

OP
OP
CherryCorals

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Group shot of my little collection. I still have two of the fans form this original shipment. It seems the purples and reds do great long term but the blues are just to delicate. The blueberrie fan in this pic has also done well for a month now. Funny thing, the minute I turn off the Vortechs to take a pic the polyps close.
CFans.jpg

Here is a close up of the red with orange polyps 5 months later
CFans2.jpg

People say this one is hard to keep, I have had it since fathers day and its doing great. I do feed it once in awhile but not every day.
CFans3.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back