Sea hare and tube anemone compatibility?

MsTracy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently had a spike in my phosphates & now have a bloom of hair algae. I have had for months now, a tube anemone and it's grown nicely, however, things that get too close get stung. Yesterday I picked up a sea hare from my local lfs & noticed last night there is a nice clump of hair algae very very close to the tube anemone. What precautions should I take to protect the sea hare from getting stung when it gets close to the tube? Or will the sea hare even be bothered by the tube? Wondering if all will be well like it is...OR...should I intervene and how?
Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine, mine has been stung by my lta before and he just crawled away

OP
OP
MsTracy

MsTracy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, not knowing how potent the sting of the tube is or how it might affect the hare (are they-aka-thick skinned) I wanted to ask.

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep your eye out, because I don't know how much worse a tube nem is vs an lta, but yea. My slug bumps into it frequently and just turns around

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back