Sea hare eggs

  • Thread starter Thread starter sirmixa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sirmixa

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2016
Messages
142
Reaction score
42
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got sea hares that I've kept for about 2 months. Actually I have 2 different types, auricularia and a blue spotted one. In the past 2 weeks I must have 6 spots of eggs throughout the tank. Anyone hatched these before? Are they good or bad? I've tried searching for details and I found a site that actually sells them, but I don't know what to do with them.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1455823771.121697.jpg
They're pretty gross
 
I just remove them, I've never actually tried to hatch them. Mine just seem to disintegrate after awhile, so I don't risk them contaminating the tank. I have 4 dwarf sea hares.
 
I was hoping they would go away but they're stuck pretty good and ugly so I took most out. Thank you for the response
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new