Sea Hare Experienced Eggs and Twice tank Nuked

WizzWolfe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2021
Messages
32
Reaction score
14
Location
Port Ludlow
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see people saying that the Sea Hare, when it inks, is not toxic, but let me tell you otherwise. My Sea Hare Pat has nuked my tank TWICE!! The first time, I was unsure and made up all kinds of excuses what may have happened as I scooped up my dead fish one by one, remembering to myself a year before, (when my boxfish killed everything in my 120 gallon, except a filefish with skin like leather). then several months later I restocked my fish, only to have this happen AGAIN. a couple weeks after adding all my new fish DOH! I do not know why the first time, but another thread said Elegance corals sting them., I also have a couple torch, hmmm., This may have happened again, BUT this time Pat laid eggs only 2 days before, and one Rock Flower Anenome stuck its foot right into the crack of the rock into right into the nest of noodle-looking eggs. I have no idea if this is what the brain of the Sea Hare saw, but I am guessing. Problem with me is that I love this Sea Hare more than all of the things in the tank..I am happy every time I see that thing slithering around. I have films of Pat the Sea Hare on You Tube. I help him down if he is stuck on a ledge or needs help. I feed Pat 2 types of Nori, Green and Red. I love this deadly beast. Here are 2 photos.
FB_IMG_1626683919973.jpg
FB_IMG_7403481804709668083.jpg
.
 
Sounds like you should have a sea hare tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new