Sea Hare Experienced Eggs and Twice tank Nuked

WizzWolfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see people saying that the Sea Hare, when it inks, is not toxic, but let me tell you otherwise. My Sea Hare Pat has nuked my tank TWICE!! The first time, I was unsure and made up all kinds of excuses what may have happened as I scooped up my dead fish one by one, remembering to myself a year before, (when my boxfish killed everything in my 120 gallon, except a filefish with skin like leather). then several months later I restocked my fish, only to have this happen AGAIN. a couple weeks after adding all my new fish DOH! I do not know why the first time, but another thread said Elegance corals sting them., I also have a couple torch, hmmm., This may have happened again, BUT this time Pat laid eggs only 2 days before, and one Rock Flower Anenome stuck its foot right into the crack of the rock into right into the nest of noodle-looking eggs. I have no idea if this is what the brain of the Sea Hare saw, but I am guessing. Problem with me is that I love this Sea Hare more than all of the things in the tank..I am happy every time I see that thing slithering around. I have films of Pat the Sea Hare on You Tube. I help him down if he is stuck on a ledge or needs help. I feed Pat 2 types of Nori, Green and Red. I love this deadly beast. Here are 2 photos.
FB_IMG_1626683919973.jpg
FB_IMG_7403481804709668083.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back