Sea my 55 gallon tank

FishFreakLuke

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
49
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little bit of time so I thought of starting a Build Thread. I have some very old pictures of my reef, plus some current pictures. It has been a learning experience and still an ongoing journey!
I started out in freshwater and brackish waters and finally made a transition into reefing!! Absolutely love the peace from it.

I think my actual physical glass tank is about 25 years old as well as the stand..
At first, my equipment was a mess.
Canister filter, old T5 light fixture and some
odd ball circulation pumps with a heater. No sump, but had a small in tank protein skimmer.
I'm not saying that it's much better now, however It needed upgrades. So, ditched the nitrate factory and stuck to the live rock. Invested into a couple of different lighting options, increased flow and went with a HOB skimmer. Definitely on a budget plan here and still to this day.
Thank goodness though that I purchase an RODI unit from the get go..
Now it has been about nine years and I have been through many ups and downs..
Fortunately, I love this hobby and wins will out rule the losses.
Finally, a few pictures.
Hope you enjoy reefing!!!
20170417_135208.jpg
20171016_183917.jpg
20180603_191313.jpg


Resized_20190125_193047_6204.jpg


20191124_202443.jpg
20230529_205858.jpg
 
Tank is looking great, thanks for sharing!
 
Cool! I just started an emergency build 55 gallon yesterday because my 29 gallon sprung a leak.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new