Seachem metro flex and focus

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are you trying to use it for? Metro+Focus is very effective for internal parasites. Mix with frozen foods 1:1.

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Does nothing for Ich. There aren't many (if any) treatments for ich in a reef tank. Best bet would be to setup a QT and do either the TTM or copper, Then let the main tank for fallow for 76 days to kill off any ich in the tank (Tank has to be emptied of all fish)

You can also go the "management" route, where you make sure your fish is fed with garlic, selcon, etc to build a strong enough immune system to fight it off, but that would mean your tank will always have ich in it.

OP
OP
Everything Aquatics

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does nothing for Ich. There aren't many (if any) treatments for ich in a reef tank. Best bet would be to setup a QT and do either the TTM or copper, Then let the main tank for fallow for 76 days to kill off any ich in the tank (Tank has to be emptied of all fish)

You can also go the "management" route, where you make sure your fish is fed with garlic, selcon, etc to build a strong enough immune system to fight it off, but that would mean your tank will always have ich in it.
I am going with management I already got selcon and garlic and I am defiantly going to get a qt for future tanks, thanks

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going with management I already got selcon and garlic and I am defiantly going to get a qt for future tanks, thanks

Sounds good. One thing to also look into is beta glucan. When I did ich Management a while back, I read about beta glucan and how it can also help fish immune system.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back