Seachem Reef Phyto - Not refrigerated possibly spoiled?

coloradoreefer94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2025
Messages
44
Reaction score
15
Location
Longmont, Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a bottle of the seachem reef phyto a few weeks ago to target feed my feather duster worm. I noticed when I very gently pipette some to the crown of the worm, it quickly retracts into its tube and hides for 15+ minutes. I also noticed the phyto smells foul, though I am not sure if it smelled like this originally, or if it has spoiled due to not keeping it refrigerated. Should I continue to feed the feather duster or just throw the bottle out?
 
It smells, it’s gone.
Toss….
Worm will pull from the water column
I don’t directly feed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new