Seahorse tank flow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Weasel1960
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I too am getting old and don’t deal with “do overs” very well.
Well I'm at 78 now and am winding down my hands on part of the hobby. Once my abs pass on that will be it.
They ARE though, the EASIEST of the seven species I've had in my time. I just wish I had been younger when I started into the seahorse hobby.
 
Hear ya. Just turned 61. Had a FW and a SW tank in late 80s. Back then it was just HOB and a gravel filter. Fed my ponies frozen brine and an occasional live guppy fry. By today’s standard should never have survived. Tank to small, 30 gal divided in half 2 seahorses on one side YT and a Cow Fish on other side, no coral, rock or sump. Lasted well over a year including a move. Apartment A/C died while at work one day and everything in both tanks died...life got in the way and now stepping into batters box again.

Really do appreciate you sharing your info, a lot has changed in 30+ years.
 
Hear ya. Just turned 61. Had a FW and a SW tank in late 80s. Back then it was just HOB and a gravel filter. Fed my ponies frozen brine and an occasional live guppy fry. By today’s standard should never have survived. Tank to small, 30 gal divided in half 2 seahorses on one side YT and a Cow Fish on other side, no coral, rock or sump. Lasted well over a year including a move. Apartment A/C died while at work one day and everything in both tanks died...life got in the way and now stepping into batters box again.

Really do appreciate you sharing your info, a lot has changed in 30+ years.
Ha ha. I remember the 80's undergravel filter!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new