Search for the nicest sarmentosa

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what mine is but it is one of 5 acro that survived my acro crash. I just happened to snap a pic a couple days ago...

IMG_4933_zps4663f8fc.jpg

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tips are just starting to turn purple, which they were when I first got it. I'm sure I set it back quite a bit but it's coming around now.

TenjiMark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my A. sarmetosa. It's one of the nicest corals in my tank. About 8" - 9" across. I actually have video of it spawning one evening a few months back. Sorry the pic is so blue. Just snapped it and my lights are ramping down.

DSC_0751.jpg

DSC_0751.jpg

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my A. sarmetosa. It's one of the nicest corals in my tank. About 8" - 9" across. I actually have video of it spawning one evening a few months back. Sorry the pic is so blue. Just snapped it and my lights are ramping down.

DSC_0751.jpg

Are the tips blue or is that just cause of the lighting? Amazing coral, how about a shot of the green one next to it, please be aware if it's as nice as your sarmentosa I'm gonna ask for a full tank shot next :)

TenjiMark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the tips blue or is that just cause of the lighting? Amazing coral, how about a shot of the green one next to it, please be aware if it's as nice as your sarmentosa I'm gonna ask for a full tank shot next :)

The tips are actually kind of pink. Here is another shot of the coral with all the lights on. I use T5s. There are green corals all around this guy :) Maybe you were talking about the ORA green planet? I took a top down of it as well. It's a really nice coral and is just starting to take off in growth.

I'll work on a FTS. It's been a little while since I've taken one.

DSC_0750.jpg
DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nice! That was the one I was talking about, kinda different growth pattern than I'm used to seeing in a green coral. Both beautiful pieces, looking forward to more shots from you. You should do a tank thread and let us all know more about your system, so far I'm definitely impressed :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back