Seaweed

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

I have my first hippo tang in QT. She’s been doing great! She’s been eating good.

I have a veggie clip with seaweed that she eats from. The seaweed will break off and float around in the QT. So I bought her the 2 little fishies pouch, but now she won’t touch it. I’ve placed the clip right beside the pouch with seaweed to get her closer to the pouch. She still didn’t eat from the pouch only the clip.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get her to eat from the pouch?

Thank you

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fold the nori and use the clip. This will prevent large pieces from breaking off

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try placing the clip over the pouch then start slowly reducing the length of seaweed on the clip so the seaweed in the pouch is exposed, hopefully the fish will start eating from the pouch as well, eventually the clip will have no seaweed and can be removed.

PeterZammetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

I have my first hippo tang in QT. She’s been doing great! She’s been eating good.

I have a veggie clip with seaweed that she eats from. The seaweed will break off and float around in the QT. So I bought her the 2 little fishies pouch, but now she won’t touch it. I’ve placed the clip right beside the pouch with seaweed to get her closer to the pouch. She still didn’t eat from the pouch only the clip.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get her to eat from the pouch?

Thank you
Proper Seaweed Feeding

Even when you have fish that don't eat and or need it, seaweed strips should be added to all reef tanks by way of smooshing.
Yes, I said smooshing...
put 5-7 turkey basters of water in a bowl
place one sheet in and smoosh until all the water has particles of seaweed but them remove the thick sheet.
one time a week add it this way for a month
second month add garlic to the mix (garlic extreme is fine one drop)
third month do this but start leaving larger strips in with the mix
eventually because all the fish will consume the small particles they will naturally pick up on the fact that the larger sheet is the same.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proper Seaweed Feeding

Even when you have fish that don't eat and or need it, seaweed strips should be added to all reef tanks by way of smooshing.
Yes, I said smooshing...
put 5-7 turkey basters of water in a bowl
place one sheet in and smoosh until all the water has particles of seaweed but them remove the thick sheet.
one time a week add it this way for a month
second month add garlic to the mix (garlic extreme is fine one drop)
third month do this but start leaving larger strips in with the mix
eventually because all the fish will consume the small particles they will naturally pick up on the fact that the larger sheet is the same.
Why would you do that for “fish that don’t need it” and why add the garlic...to try and entice them to now eat two foods they don’t need!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 8.3%
Back