Secret online livestock orders

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else make surprise online orders without telling their SO?

I’ve been obsessed with corals again after recently going back to reef from fowlr and getting this teal wall frogspawn and I just placed an order for this hybrid! After getting three corals at the LFS today I was told (jokingly) not to get anymore corals until our tank tech comes (which is tomorrow lol) but I couldn’t help it!! We also finally placed an order last night for a gem tang and it was on sale 2-2.5” and fully quarantined for $630 CAD including tax/shipping

AB77530B-0708-41B7-A4B4-39FC4DAFD131.jpeg

our frogspawn

F9159A98-B0E3-48C0-A2D1-7499A739C567.jpeg

Secret purchase! Can’t wait to see it in the tank

Last edited:

GrapevineReefs

Chalices & Carnations
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a really expensive amazing unique tube anemone and a Rainbow Chalice Colony were purchased last night. I didn’t think it was concerning to the wife but i do plan big purchases around her hair and nail appointments when she is the most happy!

OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a really expensive amazing unique tube anemone and a Rainbow Chalice Colony were purchased last night. I didn’t think it was concerning to the wife but i do plan big purchases around her hair and nail appointments when she is the most happy!

post pics once you get them! I’m really interested in the anemone. Our tank tech said the anemone we wanted would turn to soup because of the power heads so a tube anemone might be the best way to go :)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda hard to keep reefing purchases from the wife at this point she treats my hobby purchases like a bad drug addiction haha.
I've tried every bad drug addict trick in the book at this point and am currently employing the old "look baby I got you some corals" tactic. All I've done is resorted to buying whole packs of corals with 1 or 2 in there for her. So at the end of the day I'm really spending more.
Flip side is I have all my enabling friends here and some have a much bigger problem than myself. So when she starts in on me all I have to do is quickly pull up some threads and coral lists and let her know it could be much worse and buy myself a little more time and maybe a few more corals :D

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to tell my wife everytime I placed an order but she started complaining about how often I was ordering things so now I just don't tell her. She is the one who keeps track of the bank account so she still knows how much I spend, I just don't usually tell her before I place the order.

Me not telling her isn’t because I'm trying to hide how much I'm spending. If anyone has to hide finances from their spouse they have some pretty serious relationship issues IMO.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to tell my wife everytime I placed an order but she started complaining about how often I was ordering things so now I just don't tell her. She is the one who keeps track of the bank account so she still knows how much I spend, I just don't usually tell her before I place the order.

Me not telling her isn’t because I'm trying to hide how much I'm spending. If anyone has to hide finances from there spouse they have some pretty serious relationship issues IMO.
Totally get it. Don't ask dont tell policy:D

GrapevineReefs

Chalices & Carnations
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
post pics once you get them! I’m really interested in the anemone. Our tank tech said the anemone we wanted would turn to soup because of the power heads so a tube anemone might be the best way to go :)
i have a dedicated Non Photosynthetic System i spend most all of my time focusing on that one tank vs my others. Tube Anemones are stunning from my experience with them. The one i just jumped on was from Aqua SD the called it the “Freak Of Nature Tube Anemone” but i have never seen one patterned like this so i could not pass up on it no matter the price.

The way over the top purchases work with the wife is that she comes into the fish room with her coffee, she makes her rounds looking at the tanks, she notices the blatantly new and obviously expensive coral all while i am reminding her how beautiful she is and how much i love her.... the rest can go either one of two ways...

Attachments

• 02BE01F7-3579-4A98-8762-FA532AB9DE87.png
    02BE01F7-3579-4A98-8762-FA532AB9DE87.png
    943.5 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a tank tech? And how do I become one?

someone who comes and does all of the maintenance for us. It was fun for me for the first year but became too stressful trying to navigate how to run a reef on my own so we hired someone from our lfs

Now I get to just feed the fish and not worry if I’m doing something wrong

OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Me not telling her isn’t because I'm trying to hide how much I'm spending. If anyone has to hide finances from their spouse they have some pretty serious relationship issues IMO.

totally agree! It’s always a happy outcome and a lot of laughs here

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back