Seeking advice for AIO tank

uglydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, (I posted this in New to Salwater thread and was advuce to post here too, hope to seek some guidance)

Hope you are all keeping well. :)

I'm looking to set up a Saltwater Aquariums. I'm completely new to this :oops:(had freshwater tank before) and have been watching youtube video to get basic information.

I'm want to start slow and do my research properly, so the first thing is the tank. Here are some basic end goal I'm aiming for my aquarium to give a better idea.

Aim for the Aquarium:-
3 fish - most likely 1 clown fish and 2 other.
Clean up crew to help maintain the tank
A small amount of corals (what is simple to care for)
Overall hoping to keep it simple to reduce complication and maintain.

Max Available Space:- Length: 80cm, Depth: 32cm, Height 45cm

Ideal would like it All-in-One tank, with a cover lid.

Filter system under the tank in cabinet (I can build the cabinet myself) or on the wall at the long end of the tank (not the wide side, i.e on the 32cm side, not the 80cm side, sorry hope that make sense :D).

I was wondering if any member could share their wisdom on a suitable tank.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9EA93BAB-706F-4A48-90EB-E24E88D42804.jpeg

I like that you are doing research. Especially helpful is the Bulk Reef Supply (BRS) 52-weeks of reefing series. If I recall, there is one on tank selection. AIOs are a great start. You talked about ‘simple’— the photo is a simple 7 gallon AIO from Lifeguard Aquatics. Really, all the major brands have something to offer, and much will come down to personal taste. Best wishes!

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aim for the Aquarium:-
3 fish - most likely 1 clown fish and 2 other.
Clean up crew to help maintain the tank
A small amount of corals (what is simple to care for)
Overall hoping to keep it simple to reduce complication and maintain.
You are going to want at least 16g (~60 liter) tank at least for three small fish.

Max Available Space:- Length: 80cm, Depth: 32cm, Height 45cm
32inx12inx18in. That's ~29g (~110 liter), so that should be okay.

Ideal would like it All-in-One tank, with a cover lid.

Filter system under the tank in cabinet (I can build the cabinet myself) or on the wall at the long end of the tank (not the wide side, i.e on the 32cm side, not the 80cm side, sorry hope that make sense :D).

If the tank is rectangular, with the 'back' on one of the short sides, it's called a peninsula tank. Look around and you should be able to find something in your size range.

OP
OP
U

uglydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JumboShrimp - Many thanks for your reply and advice. :)

@mann1139 - Thank you very much for the extra details, by telling me about "Peninsula Tank" was a massive help, since now I can google for design idea. :)

Thank you again, I'm sure I will be back with more noob question.

Keep well and stay safe :)

OP
OP
U

uglydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

So I just did some research and saw some lovely, but it is way out of my budget. :oops:

Red Sea Peninsula

So I was thinking if it is possible to use this tank and DIY it into AIO Peninsula Tank or/and with a Sump

Aqua Vogue 245

I don't know about the the aquarium size, but happy roll up my sleeves.

Could you advice me if this is stupid idea (and I'm gonna regret it) or it is possible?

Many thanks in advance

P.S: Also I'm based in the UK and we seem to get less options over here.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RedSeas are nice I have a 75 and love it. What about an Innovative Marine? I have a Nuvo 30 which is 115litters, if I'm converting right. The 30 might be a little long, but the 25 should work.

Office tank7.jpg

Fishbird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A standard 29 gallon tank would fit your dimensions. I would assume you can get standard rectangular glass aquariums in the UK but I don’t know what the brand would be. Check out FijiCube as well. They make AIO inserts including one for 29 gallon tanks (I believe). I’m getting the fijicube insert for a 40 gallon breeder tank but it hasn’t arrived yet so I can’t say for sure if I like it. Still, that would be a way to get your AIO tank for much less money than a RedSea.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not handy, or much good at DIY projects, so my answer could be negatively biased, but especially when it comes to trying to buy a ‘plain’ tank and convert it to an AIO, I would strongly suggest that you keep shopping until you find a ready-made AIO that fits your needs an budget. I think you will be happier in the long run.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 63 31.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back