Seeking help to program my Ai prime 16HD Reef

Patches&Penny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI prime 16HD Reef arriving on tuesday and if I'm being honest I dont have a clue how to set spectrums.

I have the fluval 13.5 sea evo and this will be my first light upgrade from the stock light.

This is also my first saltwater aquarium ever and it's been running for about 3 months.

I have several small corals in the tank and I have several arriving with the AI prime.

I have 5 zoa/paly frags, several polyps on each, they haven't expanded beyond the frag plug, they are all about mid level in the tank, I have 2 mushrooms, 1 mid level and one in the bottom back left corner, I have 1 acan in the front bottom right corner, a favia is in the front bottom of my tank in the middle and a gsp in the back right corner, oh and a birds nest about mid tank level.

I went onto the AI website to try to look at other peoples spectrum profiles but I didn't see anything for my tank size as well as I didnt see alot of the corals I've listed here in their tanks.

Any and all advice will be super appreciated:)

Also my tank is sideways "the overflow section is to the left NOT the back"

20200709_152031.jpg

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t really help too much but can point you to the BRS investigates episode they did recently on the ai 16hds gives some idea of par etc with different settings of the light.

OP
OP
P

Patches&Penny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t really help too much but can point you to the BRS investigates episode they did recently on the ai 16hds gives some idea of par etc with different settings of the light.

Thank you, it was actually a pretty helpful video, though they didnt cover my exact tank they covered tanks with "similar" footprints, it was a pretty informative video that told me what I needed to know to get started which is alot more then I had before.

I much appreciate the help

SkyDragon8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Fluval Evoe 13.5, been up and running for 2 months. I also upgraded to the new AI Prime 16HD.. Setting the correct lighting is hard, I have been running the Aqua Knight A29.. So I use the Ecotech AB+ setting, for 8hrs with 1hr ram up and down. I also am looking to see what other reefers out there has set that has the same tank.. Most who has this tank tends to have the same type of Corals... LPS and Softies..

OP
OP
P

Patches&Penny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Fluval Evoe 13.5, been up and running for 2 months. I also upgraded to the new AI Prime 16HD.. Setting the correct lighting is hard, I have been running the Aqua Knight A29.. So I use the Ecotech AB+ setting, for 8hrs with 1hr ram up and down. I also am looking to see what other reefers out there has set that has the same tank.. Most who has this tank tends to have the same type of Corals... LPS and Softies..
The link provided in the comment above was actually pretty helpful to me though I didnt see a tank that was the exact same size as mine I seen settings for a tank abit smaller and one abit larger so I'm going to program my settings in between. I wish I had a par meter but I dont

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my tank and my settings for the AI Prime (I have two of them for the tank). Just play around with it and you’ll be fine, pick the colors that you like to see it doesn’t really matter to the corals as long as they have enough PAR to grow and do well. I do recommend a photoperiod (time the light is on, not including the ramp time) of 8-10 hours for maximum growth but I’m sure plenty of people have times outside of this range. If you see some bleaching then keep the same ratios and turn it all down, if you don’t see any type of growth in a few weeks try turning up the lights a little. It’s trial and error, your corals talk to you so listen when they tell you they need something :).
886B8532-9456-4A37-9ECC-8226230DF9EC.png
200CEB77-F364-4E47-8FC8-653C8D3331D5.jpeg
3F650384-9B40-4D52-8373-0F57AA1349E5.jpeg

michaelmessinaglass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 5g and ive been using this program that I found on here from another reefer. The only change I made to this is removing the moonlight so my tank gets complete darkness every night for 8 hours. Im having good success with it, all of my corals are happy. I have a mushroom, lots of zoas and couple lps. Everything is growing and becomes fully opened during the day. I have the light about 10 inches off of the surface. Good luck!

OmuNegru

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 5g and ive been using this program that I found on here from another reefer. The only change I made to this is removing the moonlight so my tank gets complete darkness every night for 8 hours. Im having good success with it, all of my corals are happy. I have a mushroom, lots of zoas and couple lps. Everything is growing and becomes fully opened during the day. I have the light about 10 inches off of the surface. Good luck!

Could you please show the actual schedule. Right now it looks like coding lines. Cannot understand anything from it. Thanks

michaelmessinaglass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the program is extremely complicated and was created by someone else and would be very tricky to replicate yourself. What you can do is click the box with the arrow to download the file. Once you save that to your phone, you can go into the myAI app and load it by selecting the star button and then presets. Here is a picture showing where you can click to download my program, and a link to some help loading it on the AI site. https://support.aquaillumination.co...Importing-Presets-on-iOS-Devices-with-iOS-13-

I hope that helps!
Could you please show the actual schedule. Right now it looks like coding lines. Cannot understand anything from it. Thanks

Attachments

• 5DB87BEF-9A5E-4FA3-871E-016FE9F996A0.jpeg
    5DB87BEF-9A5E-4FA3-871E-016FE9F996A0.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 22

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back