Seeking input

  • Thread starter Thread starter ca2or
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
1,147
Reaction score
122
Location
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning my lighting and need your input reefaholics. I am doing an LED/MH mix using a 150w se MH and 2 AI primes over my 56. What I am trying to sort out is should I run a 14k MH and use the primes for color or should I run a 20k MH and use the primes to offset the blue? Or should I run a 10k and throw the primes on 20k? Ugh.... What to do?

What I do know is it will be 4 hours of MH in the dead center of my lighting schedule
 
Last edited:
I'd go 10k-14k MH considering that's where you'll get the best growth and that's why people love MH. Mix that with the 20K coming out of the leds and you should get that POP that I'm sure your looking for, witch is why people love Leds so much.
Going this route you should be able to get great growth and color while also tweaking your Leds to look as visually appealing as possible.
 
Thank you
I'd go 10k-14k MH considering that's where you'll get the best growth and that's why people love MH. Mix that with the 20K coming out of the leds and you should get that POP that I'm sure your looking for, witch is why people love Leds so much.
Going this route you should be able to get great growth and color while also tweaking your Leds to look as visually appealing as possible.
That sounds like a plan.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new