Selecting a new skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter guzzlo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

guzzlo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2013
Messages
78
Reaction score
9
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers! I am in the market for a new skimmer, trying to not spend a fortune. My current tank is composed of 150 gallons of water stocked heavily as a mixed reef. In the near future I would like to setup something with a total volume of 300-400 gallons. Just wondering if there is a decent skimmer that I can buy now that will also be able to handle the job in a bigger tank without way overskimming my current setup. My current skimmer is an old bubble magus on a modded rio 2100 pump. I was looking at some of the internal reef octopus skimmers, any help or points in the right direction would be great.
 
Reef Octopus XP 3000INT
SWC 300
Reef Octopus SRO5000SSS
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new