Semi Re-aquascaping Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stevorino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stevorino

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2014
Messages
653
Reaction score
613
Location
Charleston, SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas Reefers!

Just got 3x XR-15 Blues and a Trident for Xmas today- SUPER ******* PUMPED! I've been Reefing ~7 years and almost feel like I have a new tank on my hands with these upgrades.

I'm going to do a semi-reaquascape tomorrow... Not planning major changes on the foundation but want to move a dozen or so rocks around in anticipation of a coral bump.

In the past when I've re-scaped, I've had a few 5g buckets and transfer the rocks to them while I rescape.... but I inevitably crush coral when stacking rocks and and water gets cloudy have a hard time finding the rocks I'm looking for quickly...

This time, I'm tempted to just lay out some towels and move the rocks onto towels for ~30 min while I quickly resort the top half of the aquascape.

1. Will Monti/Acro/LPS be okay outside of the water for 30m? Ambient Air will be ~70F

2. Is there a better way that I'm missing?

If all goes well, hope to see you all on the Cherry Corals Livesale tomorrow :D
 
I just did my 90g tank and I used big, flat Rubbermaid type trays for most of my rock with corals on them and a Brute for bare rock.

Good luck and enjoy!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new