Seneye charging for upgrade

Puffthefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Seneye reef monitor a few days ago and when I tried to use any of the light features, it requires a $60- upgrade. I wrote to them twice in email and called (gmt) several times over the past three days and have heard back nothing. Either the phone kept ringing or I once got a answering machine.

I have seen others talk about their great customer service and how this is a simple fix, but from my POV this is pretty terrible. Am I just missing something here? I already have the Amazon return label printed and am ready for a return later today, but would rather fix this. I am just a bit out of trust and patience

OP
OP
P

Puffthefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why exactly does it need the $60 upgrade?
Just says to use any of the light features, it requires an upgrade and provides a link that asks for an additional $60-. They finally wrote back saying the portal shows a Home product and they are asking for proof that I paid for the Reef version. I sent them my receipt.

This entire experience has turned me off from the company, they should be able to tell what kind of device I have by the web portal.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just says to use any of the light features, it requires an upgrade and provides a link that asks for an additional $60-. They finally wrote back saying the portal shows a Home product and they are asking for proof that I paid for the Reef version. I sent them my receipt.

This entire experience has turned me off from the company, they should be able to tell what kind of device I have by the web portal.
That does seem a bit lacking, yes. You'd think you'd be able to enter a serial number which would verify the type of product you own.

I like my Apex PMK kit. Plugged it into my setup, dragged the new tile into the Fusion interface and voila - instant PAR readings.

OP
OP
P

Puffthefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will return it tomorrow due to lack of customer service.
Are there any suggestions for a PAR meter under $400-?

DopamineKata

Beltalowda
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will return it tomorrow due to lack of customer service.
Are there any suggestions for a PAR meter under $400-?
Did you buy a Seneye Home or Seneye Pond? All of the light stuff is an addon for those versions. The Reef version is the one that is sold with lighting stuff enabled.

Seneye version comparison chart

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He said he bought the "seneye reef monitor".

I'd double check the package you were shipped, make sure it reads "reef monitor". I've been shipped the wrong items multiple times.

If it does say reef. Time for a refund? If not, tell the supplier, you were sent the wrong package? I haven't looked at prices as of late. Par meters are pretty expensive. Most are well over 400.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email them. Always got an answer the same or next day tops and they will fix your issue right away.

OP
OP
P

Puffthefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies
Seney reef monitor, package, description and invoice all say reef.
They responded, said it was set as a home device, and asked for receipts, which I sent a couple days ago. They have not answered the phone when I call, nor answered my second and third emails, so the entire experience has made me a bit concerned about Seneye as a company.

Are the pond, home and reef the same device?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are the pond, home and reef the same device?
I only bought the reef monitor.

So, after looking up the pond monitor. I say, yes. Looks like what I bought.

Screenshot_20220407-183228~2.png

Kistos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have exactly the same problem. I bought the seneye reef monitor from BRS it ask me 60$ to update for par meter.
The box saying it is the reef but the unit doesn't have any markings.

OP
OP
P

Puffthefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took them a. It over a week to rectify the problem. They need to make some changes n the server on their end and then it will work as intended.
Give them a call, or email and they will fix it

Kistos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took them a. It over a week to rectify the problem. They need to make some changes n the server on their end and then it will work as intended.
Give them a call, or email and they will fix it
I did email them and waiting, called them also multiple times but none is answering the phone.
For my luck BRS that I have ordered the seneye they have super efficient support and willing to help me in case seneye support doesn't respond.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back