Seneye Par Monitor vs. ITC

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a comparison between the Seneye Par Monitor vs the ITC monitor? I see that there are used Seneye's on the market and would save me some bucks over the ITC. but I don't want to be foolish and buy something that doesn't work over something proven. Let me know your thoughts.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a comparison between the Seneye Par Monitor vs the ITC monitor? I see that there are used Seneye's on the market and would save me some bucks over the ITC. but I don't want to be foolish and buy something that doesn't work over something proven. Let me know your thoughts.
Get the Seneye and take advantage of the monitoring that it gives you as well! :) The PAR meter you will use a very, very limited amount of times.

I am very happy i bought a used Seneye off eBay recently. Does the job and it gives me some piece of mind.

As to a comparison, I am not sure - but as for precision take a look here.

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont but the Seneye because its ap is crap and will not work on modern PC or android devices.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont but the Seneye because its ap is crap and will not work on modern PC or android devices.
I use mine on an M2 Mac Mini? Fairly modern i'd argue..

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use mine on an M2 Mac Mini? Fairly modern i'd argue..

That would be an apple product, not PC or Android.

I purchased mine it worked and they "updated" the ap and now I basically need to switch my phone and laptop to apple for it to work?

NOOOOPE.

I got a used Apogee and no more ap BS.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be an apple product, not PC or Android.

I purchased mine it worked and they "updated" the ap and now I basically need to switch my phone and laptop to apple for it to work?

NOOOOPE.

I got a used Apogee and no more ap BS.
A PC is a 'Personal Computer' - the Mac is a Personal Computer just as the Windows, Linus ect. ;) But lets not get bogged down on play of words..

The Seneye is compatible with a Windows PC as well.

System requirements:

Windows PC with a wired or wireless network and TCP/IP protocol running Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. Not compatible with Belkin Base and virtual USB extenders

SOURCE

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A PC is a 'Personal Computer' - the Mac is a Personal Computer just as the Windows, Linus ect. ;) But lets not get bogged down on play of words..

The Seneye is compatible with a Windows PC as well.

System requirements:

Windows PC with a wired or wireless network and TCP/IP protocol running Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. Not compatible with Belkin Base and virtual USB extenders

SOURCE

Yes its SAYS it works, but it does not because as I said... The AP IS CRAP.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its SAYS it works, but it does not because as I said... The AP IS CRAP.
Fair play my friend, fair play! ;) I have only used it across apple devices, my LFS is running it on a Windows PC though without any issues though. He was the one who got me onto it in the first place..

Crap is an opinion; so is mine. I hope @crs751 is an apple-man in that case; he won't have any issues what so ever!

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the same company.

I like my parwise and it works on my android phone.

20230414_160012.jpg Screenshot_20230322_153119_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
C

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for input. I pulled the trigger and bought a used Seneye. I have a MS Surface I plan to use to operate it. Hopefully I didn't make a bad decision but the seller lowered the price so I went forward.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for input. I pulled the trigger and bought a used Seneye. I have a MS Surface I plan to use to operate it. Hopefully I didn't make a bad decision but the seller lowered the price so I went forward.
Make up your own opinion and experience- but I don't think you will be disappointed :) it's a nice addition, especially if you are into control and monitoring. Best of luck!

rob taft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the Seneye and Par Wise. The Seneye unit runs just fine on my Surface Pro 7+. I use the Par Wise with a Android tablet. That said I just use the Par function. I don't worry about ammonia and my PH is monitored via Hydro's or my handheld Milwaukee.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont the slides for the seneye for ammonia and pH have to be replaced like every month? And werent they like crazy expensive
Yes, they have to.. And no, they're not! ;) I pay £8 a piece at my LFS.

Hats_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they have to.. And no, they're not! ;) I pay £8 a piece at my LFS.
and how often do they need replacing? i find 8 bucks to replace 1 slide quite expensive seeing as a regular pH probe only requires calibration and ammonia badges exist (even though i dont see the point in monitoring ammonia)

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and how often do they need replacing? i find 8 bucks to replace 1 slide quite expensive seeing as a regular pH probe only requires calibration and ammonia badges exist (even though i dont see the point in monitoring ammonia)
Once every month. £96/year.

My PH probes have historically lasted me between 12-18 months before requiring replacement (abt. £100).

Cheap or expensive? It is all relative- however; automation and control are an extension to what is already a 'luxury-hobby'. It is nice to have- but certainly not a must to be successful.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back