separated breeding tank q's

twintrades

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
Location
norther wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do they need to be blacked glass? And how do you do it.

Also what works good for a sump ? Anyone use a rubbermaid tub ? Do I need to worry about leaching anything?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
you can spray paint the sides and back. Dont use regular paint, it with flake off in the long run. Yes you need to cover the sides so the different pairs cant see each other else they will pre-occupy their time trying to fight each other. You need to keep them in a stress free environment so they can get down to business. If i had to do it again i would use white paint instead of black. I can see my clowns better and more light will reflect in side the tank.
You can use a rubbermaid tank. They are food grade. I have used them for years. Good luck
 
No you don't have to have blacked out sides, booyah and several others have had plenty of success with clear dividers. That being said I had custom tanks made out of black acrylic because I liked the look
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new