September Meeting Date

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

First, thank you to those who came out tonight, we know it was a busy weekend.

Our next meeting will be September 10th at 6pm at Brandon's (@G8rNation ) house in Lady Lake. As we get closer to the date you can contact him to get his address, this will also serve as a head count for food.

In addition to seeing his tank we are also going to learn about how he frags his zoas.

We hope to see everyone there.

As always, please feel free to tag anyone you think might be interested in joining us.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@prsnlty I know it might be a drive but maybe you would be interested in joining us

@scheek you should join us, maybe at a future meeting we can check out your DIY Sulfur Denitrator?

@acro-ed you in?
Thank you for the invitation :D I won't be able to let you know for sure until it gets closer to the date because I babysit my 9 month old granddaughter from around 2 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Sundays. Every once in a while my daughter gets a Sunday off in rotation. It would be great if you could send me a reminder about 2 weeks in advance of the date I would have a definitive answer for you. Again I appreciate it very much!

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I should be able to make it.

Thanks!
Ed

Gator2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this group, but would love to go to this meeting. Is there anything I should bring?

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this group, but would love to go to this meeting. Is there anything I should bring?
Welcome! No, there is nothing you need to bring other than an open mind and willingness to socialize in a friendly atmosphere.

Gator2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! No, there is nothing you need to bring other than an open mind and willingness to socialize in a friendly atmosphere.
That shouldn't be too difficult to do! Thank you for the welcome! Very excited to learn.

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening everyone!

Just wanted to remind everyone that our meeting is NEXT Sunday the 10th starting atv6pm. We will be meeting at Brandon's house (@G8rNation) so don't forget to contact him for an address and directions, this will also count as a head count for snacks.

@acro-ed @scheek @scott cheek @Gator2019 @prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hurricane Irma vs. ORC Meeting....something has to give.

After careful deliberation I believe it would be best to reschedule this weekend's meeting due to the projected path of Hurricane Irma.

There is a decision to be made however, do we move the meeting back a week? Or move it to take the place of November's meeting?

What are your thoughts?

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As it turns out, my wife is going to be out of town on business through most of October. I would be all for scratching September, having Brandon take October, and I'll take November. If not, no big deal and I'm sure we can figure it out.

Thanks,
Ed

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As it turns out, my wife is going to be out of town on business through most of October. I would be all for scratching September, having Brandon take October, and I'll take November. If not, no big deal and I'm sure we can figure it out.

Thanks,
Ed
I am good with this if @G8rNation is.

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So let's just shift both back a month. So Brandon will now have October 7th and Ed will have November 4th.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out how I can get 1 Sunday a month without the granddaughter. During football season my daughter is not allowed to request game days off :(

I hope you and yours are all safe from this hurricane. We're riding the storm out and have prepared as best we can. We live in Inverness Highlands South on higher ground. Just concerned about wind and trees falling (besides a long power outage).

Y'all be safe!

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out how I can get 1 Sunday a month without the granddaughter. During football season my daughter is not allowed to request game days off :(

I hope you and yours are all safe from this hurricane. We're riding the storm out and have prepared as best we can. We live in Inverness Highlands South on higher ground. Just concerned about wind and trees falling (besides a long power outage).

Y'all be safe!
Same to you!

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How are all of your tanks doing after the storm? I still don't have power. My tanks are good but it's basically another full time job now to keep everything in check. Hoping everything can hang in there a couple more days and they get the power turned on. Best of luck to everyone!

Thanks,
Ed

G8rNation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lost almost all of my sps at this point. Fish and the rest of my things are doing well though. I lost the few fish I had in my frag tank unfortunately. As long as my high end zoas and shrooms survive I'll be happy though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back