September Meeting

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers!

I hope everyone had a great summer and all are ready to get back into some meetings and general reef club fun!

We have a meeting open to all on Saturday September 21st at 5:30pm. We will be meeting at Below Sea Level.

There will be a mini frag swap at the store so if you have a frag or maybe a full piece of coral you don't want any longer, bring it along and trade for something else. BSL will be getting in on the fun so for some of you who just can't find anyone to swap with, they will swap out with you from their selection of corals. This is not mandatory, just for those who maybe wanna do some trading. If you have a coral and want it fragged, Dave at BSL offered to frag them for anyone needing it.

David Hensley will also be giving a discussion on the importance and setting up of a Quarantine tank.

Since this will be the first meeting of the new season we are hoping to get some input on many of the changes that were made the last few months as well as what we hope for the club in the near future so please try to attend. We have a lot of really exciting ideas for the club but we need the help and support of as many people as possible to make it fun and to make it all work.

Of course there will be some great door prizes and also a raffle for an Aqua V Sterilizer valued at well over $200! Thanks to Aqua V for the great sponsorship!

PLEASE take the time to respond to this post to let us know if you will be able to attend or not. Hope to see you there!

OP
OP
dzones

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had a good number of responses via email and look forward to a good turnout at this meeting. There will be gift bags handed out to each group that attends and will contain some nice goodies from our sponsors, as well there will be a few BONUS goodies randomly inserted in a few bags so watch out for that!

Since the meeting will be held at 5:30pm, BSL will be offering food in the way of subs, cold cuts, fruit & snacks.

Also we will be sending out our first club newsletter tonight that will introduce some of the club changes and upcoming events we are planning.

If you did not receive an email from the club last week regarding the upcoming meeting please feel free to private message me your email and I will get you on the list.

saltburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to attend. I have to work Sat. and my mom is coming to visit. Would it be OK to bring her with me? Also I have a hammer coral frag, some yellow polyps and some neon green candy cane. If anyone wants to swap something out for any of those let me know and I'll bring it.

OP
OP
dzones

dzones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES! bring her along. I do have a couple chairs if she needs to have a seat at all, or she is welcome to bring a lawn chair or something. I can GUARANTEE there will be people wanting those frags!

saltburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They decided we will not be working tomorrow(hallelujah) probably the last one I'll have off in a while, so will be attending my first JARC meeting with mom in tow. Will bring the swapping frags and a couple of chairs. Am looking forward to it, see you all tomorrow! Also, I just got new LED's for my tank and have 48" T5 with 4 bulbs for sale only 1 year old if anybody wants em pm me and I'll bring them $100.

Sassy Jenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys need seats...please bring a folding chair. We do not have much floor space, but you guys are welcome to it! Can't wait to get together with everyone again!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 101 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back