Serpent Star Question

Keith Russell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty large Serpent Star with brown stripes. My question is.... I had a blue spotted puffer that hung out near the bottom of the reef in the back corner. This morning my starfish was in that corner and the puffer is nowhere to be found. I checked all around the floor I searched the reef with magnifying glass and flash light. No puffer. Is it possible that that starfish ate a 3 inch puffer with no trace in less than 12 hours?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some mysteries are never solved .

ive had a 4” lion fish a few years ago .
It was fine for months .
got up the next morning and it was gone .
nowhere to be seen

the same night .
3 mono , 1 lion fish all disappeared

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty large Serpent Star with brown stripes. My question is.... I had a blue spotted puffer that hung out near the bottom of the reef in the back corner. This morning my starfish was in that corner and the puffer is nowhere to be found. I checked all around the floor I searched the reef with magnifying glass and flash light. No puffer. Is it possible that that starfish ate a 3 inch puffer with no trace in less than 12 hours?
it could be your whole clean up crew finishing him overnight, I can make 3 inch long dead fish disappear overnight (9 hours) in my 10 gallon tank from just the polychaete worms and the amphipods

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it could be your whole clean up crew finishing him overnight, I can make 3 inch long dead fish disappear overnight (9 hours) in my 10 gallon tank from just the polychaete worms and the amphipods
biggest thing i tested was a frog of mine that died, it was gone fast

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the puffer sick or acting abnormal? Is it a new fish? Could just be hiding

Back