Set Neptune SKY lights for “Photograph” mode

DaddyO NJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the Apex controller and want to set up my SKY lights to switch to a lighting scheme that is less blue for photographing the fish and corals. How?

as much detail as possible would be great.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create a SKY profile named SKY_Photo with the color settings you want:

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 4.33.04 PM.png

Then create a virtual output named Photo_Mode that you can use to override the SKY schedule. On the SKY schedule screen, click the gear icon at the top, then click the Advanced tab. Add this line of code into the Advanced tab:

If Output Photo_Mode = ON Then SKY_Photo

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 4.33.34 PM.png

Then just drag the Photo_Mode output onto your dashboard. Any time you want to take photos, move the Photo_Mode slider to ON. When you're done, move the Photo_Mode slider back to OFF and the normal SKY schedule will take over again.

OP
OP
D

DaddyO NJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Create a SKY profile named SKY_Photo with the color settings you want:

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 4.33.04 PM.png

Then create a virtual output named Photo_Mode that you can use to override the SKY schedule. On the SKY schedule screen, click the gear icon at the top, then click the Advanced tab. Add this line of code into the Advanced tab:

If Output Photo_Mode = ON Then SKY_Photo

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 4.33.34 PM.png

Then just drag the Photo_Mode output onto your dashboard. Any time you want to take photos, move the Photo_Mode slider to ON. When you're done, move the Photo_Mode slider back to OFF and the normal SKY schedule will take over again.
Wow, thanks.
Sorry, how do I setup a SKY profile?

Also, I have three lights. Is there a way to group them together?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, thanks.
Sorry, how do I setup a SKY profile?

Also, I have three lights. Is there a way to group them together?
The Apex has a built-in list of 32 profiles. You go to that list, click any one that's not currently is use, and simply change its settings to match what I showed in the screenshot above.

Read my tutorial on Lunar Schedule and Lighting Profiles for more details and screenshots: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptu...ion-lunar-schedule-and-lighting-profiles.717/

To group your SKY's, run the SKY Initial Setup task in Fusion. Be aware this task will overwrite your current SKY programming, so be sure to take note of your current schedule and spectrum so you can then apply them to the new SKY Group. Better yet, click the Save Scheme button at the top of your SKY configuration screen, then create the SKY Group, then load your saved scheme back to the group.

OP
OP
D

DaddyO NJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex has a built-in list of 32 profiles. You go to that list, click any one that's not currently is use, and simply change its settings to match what I showed in the screenshot above.

Read my tutorial on Lunar Schedule and Lighting Profiles for more details and screenshots: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptu...ion-lunar-schedule-and-lighting-profiles.717/

To group your SKY's, run the SKY Initial Setup task in Fusion. Be aware this task will overwrite your current SKY programming, so be sure to take note of your current schedule and spectrum so you can then apply them to the new SKY Group. Better yet, click the Save Scheme button at the top of your SKY configuration screen, then create the SKY Group, then load your saved scheme back to the group.
Thanks so much! I’ll give it a try.

OP
OP
D

DaddyO NJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it working! Thank you! Getting the hang of it. Great tutorials.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back