Setting up a hard wired connection to apex AFTER WiFi has been setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LOWRY_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have the new version apex

I want to set up a hardwire connection to my Apex, but I am set up to my Wi-Fi already. Is this possible and if so how? Additionally I can go ahead and use a different router for my hardwired connection. And that would afford me the opportunity to use a different Netwerk to log into per se. But if I can, I would like to change the name of the router and use it as the main one that I already have, so all of my other stuff automatically connects to it and then I would plug my mesh into it. Basically I have my modem and a Linksys older mesh in place with the Home name Guinness galaxy for example. I have now bought an Asus newer and more powerful router, I would like to connect that directly into my modem and then have the mesh connect into that router.
Number one is that possible what I’m thinking?

Number two can I change the name of the router To the same name as the mesh and the same password?

Number three should I just leave the router a different name and then plug the mission to it and have two different networks per se?

And number four lastly how do I get the Apex wired

thank you in advance.

I’m asking this because while I was gone on vacation, our modem died secondary to a small aquarium splash. So a new modem was implemented and my Apex was off-line, and then subsequently I pushed and held the reset button on the bottom of the Apex like a dummy for 30 seconds, and completely wiped out all of my programming including my ATO that I can’t get back online because I’m afraid I will tell it to do the wrong thing.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just plug in the network cable. No configuration changes are required. The Apex will automatically use the wired connection, and only fall back to WiFi if the network cable is disconnected or has no signal.

OP
OP
LOWRY_PT

LOWRY_PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to give it a password if I use the “other setup”. Or ??? Ie. the new router and it’s programmed name? It is on WiFi with the old router/mesh

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back