Wifi Router Update

sdannaks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my local ISP had to rename my router, so unable to connect to Apex because it is pointing to old router SSID. I purchased a Apex Display and tried to update settings - SSID - IP-Gateway etc and it did not retain my settings. I also tried a ethernet cable from laptop to controller and tried to get to (Apex.Loal) any suggestions on updating router parameters without doing a reset?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my local ISP had to rename my router, so unable to connect to Apex because it is pointing to old router SSID. I purchased a Apex Display and tried to update settings - SSID - IP-Gateway etc and it did not retain my settings. I also tried a ethernet cable from laptop to controller and tried to get to (Apex.Loal) any suggestions on updating router parameters without doing a reset?
I don't see what name you give to your router matters to an ISP.

Change the router name back.

OP
OP
S

sdannaks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see what name you give to your router matters to an ISP.

Change the router name back.
the IP/SSID/Gateway/Subnet etc changes. It is the same physical router but updated with new IP/SSID/Gateway/Subnet - APEX cannot connect if looking for old SSID name

OP
OP
S

sdannaks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the IP/SSID/Gateway/Subnet etc changes. It is the same physical router but updated with new IP/SSID/Gateway/Subnet so the APEX cannot connect if looking for old SSID name

Can you access the settings on the router?
I can do a lookup from a browser and see updated router details, don't think I have rights to edit/update on the router. I tried using Apex Display to update in the Set Up dection (Network) and for some reason it did not retain changes. I was connected to Apex direct with the USB cable

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can do a lookup from a browser and see updated router details, don't think I have rights to edit/update on the router. I tried using Apex Display to update in the Set Up dection (Network) and for some reason it did not retain changes. I was connected to Apex direct with the USB cable
Well if you can't change the network and SSID settings you'll have to change them on the Apex. All it probably needs is the new SSID and password.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back