Setting Up An IM 25 Lagoon - Need Advice

Usatennisfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals! After almost three long years I am FINALLY going to get my feet wet again!
The plan is for an IM Lagoon 25 being SPS heavy. Debating a Hydra 26 HD or a 52 HD. I’ve heard the stock pump is garbage (as per usual with stock pumps). Was planning on upgrading to a Sicce 2.0 for the additional flow if the pump will fit in the return. The other thought was doing a 1.5 and adding an IceCap 1K to help with random flow.
Other advice requested would be:
Best skimmer for the back chamber?
How to add a decent refugium? Convert a back chamber?
Thanks in advance, guys and gals!!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals! After almost three long years I am FINALLY going to get my feet wet again!
The plan is for an IM Lagoon 25 being SPS heavy. Debating a Hydra 26 HD or a 52 HD. I’ve heard the stock pump is garbage (as per usual with stock pumps). Was planning on upgrading to a Sicce 2.0 for the additional flow if the pump will fit in the return. The other thought was doing a 1.5 and adding an IceCap 1K to help with random flow.
Other advice requested would be:
Best skimmer for the back chamber?
How to add a decent refugium? Convert a back chamber?
Thanks in advance, guys and gals!!
I have an icecap 1k in my 40g and love it. It’s plenty powerful and has lots of different settings.

Cleo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely go for more light sources than less if leaning towards sps for less shadowin. I still have the stock pump and don’t hate it but it is weak. I added a couple cheap Jabao wave makers that are doing great. I had the cheap ns80 skimmer and HATED it, micro bubbles, loud and just overall cheaply made, u get what u pay for. I just upgraded to the new Nuvo dc desktop skimmer. It is great. I have a small fuge in the second chamber but am adding a chaeto reactor for better growth. If you have any more questions you can pm!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back