Setting white balance Nikon D3300

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Try putting a piece of white paper below the light and shoot the underside. That works for me. Shoot the pic and then select it in the WB mode.
 
Neither taping a white piece of paper to the wall or shooting the underside of a white piece of paper under the lights worked.:mad:

I am up to about 300 failed attempts and I have decided if my tank lights shine on it this camera can not adjust to it!:( I have just had this camera for a week, maybe I should trade it for a Canon? They seem easier to adjust white balance.
 
Try a warmer color and see if the same thing happens
 
Neither taping a white piece of paper to the wall or shooting the underside of a white piece of paper under the lights worked.:mad:

I am up to about 300 failed attempts and I have decided if my tank lights shine on it this camera can not adjust to it!:( I have just had this camera for a week, maybe I should trade it for a Canon? They seem easier to adjust white balance.

Have you tried putting a coffee filter or a tissue over the lens and taking a picture of your light?
 
I just tried this and it seemed to work ( I have a D5500)

I went in to Manual mode
Put a Single layer of tissue over my lens
And set a custom white balance
 
Have you tried putting a coffee filter or a tissue over the lens and taking a picture of your light?
That's a cool idea. I'm going to try that too
 
This is "Shade" with the grid all the way orange.

DSC_0022.jpg


DSC_0027.jpg
Looking good!
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new