Settings for lighting help please

mb5322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 2x Red Sea reef led 90's, I'm getting coral at the end of next week, early week after all lps. What is a good place to set my lighting at? The lights do have acclimation mode that slowly ramps up over time, but what settings should my end point be? Here are my current settings, but mind you no corals just 2 clowns.
Thanks!
20201123_110939.jpg

ThatsNoMoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same lights. To be honest I found that setting wayy too strong in the blue for me to enjoy viewing. I believe I have 100% white and 55% blue/60% blue and it gives a good look to the tank and coral but doesn't overpower the room with blue light.

I set my acclimation period to be 15 days long starting at 30% and I had no issues with my coral at all. That was only when I added 6 or so coral at once, now I usually don't bother reducing the lights and haven't had any issues. The coral may just be more closed up for a few days at worst. (unless you're getting sensitive or hard to keep corals. all mine are pretty easy like frogspawn, happens, trumpet corals, lobos ect)

OP
OP
mb5322

mb5322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same lights. To be honest I found that setting wayy too strong in the blue for me to enjoy viewing. I believe I have 100% white and 55% blue/60% blue and it gives a good look to the tank and coral but doesn't overpower the room with blue light.

I set my acclimation period to be 15 days long starting at 30% and I had no issues with my coral at all. That was only when I added 6 or so coral at once, now I usually don't bother reducing the lights and haven't had any issues. The coral may just be more closed up for a few days at worst. (unless you're getting sensitive or hard to keep corals. all mine are pretty easy like frogspawn, happens, trumpet corals, lobos ect)
Thank you, how long do you ramp up/down each day? How long total do you run? I'm still trying to get the app figured out

ThatsNoMoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the standard program but I have it start at 10:30 each day. Corals very happy with it so far and fish seem happy too.

What I love about the ReefLED is that it's built for people who don't know what they're doing like me lol. I just set it up, set it to turn on at 10:30am and turned on the moon cycle.

OP
OP
mb5322

mb5322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the standard program but I have it start at 10:30 each day. Corals very happy with it so far and fish seem happy too.

What I love about the ReefLED is that it's built for people who don't know what they're doing like me lol. I just set it up, set it to turn on at 10:30am and turned on the moon cycle.
Thats basically what I did as well, was just curious if there is a more optimal setting for the corals.

Back