Setup help needed! Apex and Avast ATO

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys and gals I'm trying to figure out how to "program" my Apex to use the digital version of my Avast Marine ATO. I think I'll need to set up a virtual outlet?

https://www.avastmarine.com/products/ato-kit

Trying to figure out how to set this up!

Any help would be appreciated! @Terence

jttaillon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals I'm trying to figure out how to "program" my Apex to use the digital version of my Avast Marine ATO. I think I'll need to set up a virtual outlet?

https://www.avastmarine.com/products/ato-kit

Trying to figure out how to set this up!

Any help would be appreciated! @Terence

Read the instructions but the code for the outlet your pump is plugged into is:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If SW1 OPEN Then ON
This will tell the Apex to turn that outlet on when water level drops

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do I make the connection from the Avast relay that I plugged in to the Apex to the outlet on the Apex I will be using?

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is setup using a BOB, but it should be similar in creation. All you need to do is to find out what the I/O or digital port has assigned as the sensor designation. Mine is SWX12_6. Then you assign the outlet that controls the top off pump the logic as follows (I have a conductivity probe as well, and a shut of if the salinity falls below a certain point):

Set OFF
If Swx12_6 CLOSED Then ON
If Condx1 < 31.0 Then OFF

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the help you two!

I set mine to turn off at 33. Think that's to high?

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Conductivity? I think part of it depends on where your ATO fill comes in - if its near the cond. probe, then I would widen it. Since the probes have a tendency to wander if they arent cleaned frequently - so I gave myself a larger window.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got it all set up. Still have to shorten the breakout box wire and then do some overall wire management but it's coming along!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also got my Barrel Tender keeping the RODI tank full at all times so no more buckets or refilling! Finally! Ha! I also have a auto shutoff valve on the water coming into the RO unit so the water supply shuts off as well.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

ultimatemj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The barrel tender is one of my favorite additions! Anyone that travels would benefit from it by removing a system risk, but it's nice for all to take a maintenance item off the list.

Regarding the ATO programming, I run mine through an Avast Kalk stirrer...so in addition to Condx1<32, I have a line of code to turn off the ATO when PH >8.35...and send txt messages when either occur. The txt/alarms are not '5alarms', but let me know when I need to review/maintain things.

I've had ATO, Barrel tender, and kalk stirrer up and running for ~2yrs, and would recommend the products~
89709b13ed2401414ac65565cd17a353.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome and nice to hear!

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it all set up. Still have to shorten the breakout box wire and then do some overall wire management but it's coming along

Also got my Barrel Tender keeping the RODI tank full at all times so no more buckets or refilling! Finally! Ha! I also have a auto shutoff valve on the water coming into the RO unit so the water supply shuts off as well.
image.jpeg

Very nice set up and very clean looking cable management @revhtree! I am ramping up for my new SCA 150 build that I have been talking about for every! I can finally see the end to this Journey on piecing everything together.
I use there Avast Marine Kalk Stirrer and there Diaphragm pump thats connected to my 50 gallon mixing station, that sits in the garage. I also, bought there ATO and the digital output for a ProfiLux4 controller so i haven't used it.

-----
I wanted to ask you about your barrel tender that @AVAST Marine makes? I have my mixing station running off my BRS 6 stage RODI system with a Dual Membrane and a Booster pump, like what you see in attachment # 2.

I have a Float switch in the barrel to the left thats the Fresh RODI water coming from my RODI, how would the barrel tender benefit me?

Avast K1 KALK Stierr w/ a AvAST Diaphragm pump
Avast K1 Stirerr & Diaphram pmp.jpeg

50 Gallon Mixing Station winch incl a VarioS4
50 GALLON MIXING.JPG

Last edited:

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree , my new Synergy Sump came in for my SCA 150 build!
WOW, did @mixer911's crew over at #Synergy did an amazing job on my CL-44 RED&WHITE sump and a 10 gallon ATO storage container that will be all connected to my 50-gallon saltwater mixing station.

54255076_10219158042090606_5123746248683159552_n.jpg

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my ATO pumps set to turn off after a set amount of time. That way if the switches do get stuck open I won't have an overflow. If you don't use the feed modes you can take those lines out. The code is

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swx3_6 OPEN Then ON
If FeedB 005 Then OFF
If FeedD 005 Then OFF
When On > 001:00 Then OFF

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be using a High and a Low sensor in my ato container since it will be hooked up to my 50 gallon mixing station. I will have it set so as soon as I am left with one gallon my RODI will automatically kick on and as soon as it hits the 10 gallon mark it will kick off.
I sold my avast ATO and have bought an Apex ATO system now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back