Several Wrasse Questions. Please Bear With Me.

  • Thread starter Thread starter 64Ivy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

64Ivy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
465
Reaction score
447
Location
Greenwich, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 'SPS' dominated 500g display tank I currently have one wrasse; a 2" sub-adult Cirrhilabrus lineatus that has been with me for a couple months. Would there be trouble if I paired it up with another one? How about a supermale? I would eventualy like to introduce some C. earleis, at least a pair and perhaps a single supermale C.lanceolatus, bringing the Cirrhilbrus population to six-ish. Then finally, I'd like to add a Flasher Wrasse of some kind, recommendations welcomed. So is all this doable? And if so, in what order would you add them? Right now, the tank is very peaceful and lightly loaded. Keeping in mind the individualism factor, what could I expect with these additions.
 
Oftentimes female fairy wrasses will transition into males even with a male present, then males of the same species do not tolerate each other well. I recommend just going with males of different species rather than prs or harems of the same species.
 
I'm assuming you mean a single male of each species? Then concerning the lineatus, I should just leave it alone, hope it becomes a male and carry on with the stocking of the others?
 
C. lanceolatus can be aggressive and difficult to obtain. I would add that after all other fairy and flasher wrasses.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new