• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy Corals SC Signiture Grow Out

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down to split up.. I have pic's of everything. I wish I would of known you guys have been trying to get in touch.. I got a message yesterday and thats what made me come to the thread.. I back in town for the next 2 months then I'll be gone for 2 more..

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should of read the threads before I responded the first time. Wow dude 1mbrews8 I have never ripped anyone off and never would. This has been the first time I've been away from this thread. I have a nice collection of my own chalices and saome very nice ones, my systems not perfect but it stands its own and if I got them in the first place they would have been alive or I would of replaced them. I agreed to take the ones from S.D. that he thought could make the shipping after his tank completly crashed. After receiveing the sick chalices I took pic's of them all that were sent to me and asked for help from any-one in the thread and stated I am too busy to take this responsibility on myself and basically pleaded for any type of help. I called SD and text him asking for the names to hear nothing back from him.. So I got busy not with just work but family stuff which made it that more worse. I back now and will be for the next two months then I'll be gone for two and agree to devide the corals up. I have the boxs for you guys so we dont hgave to buy those. I have never shipped before but received enough to know how to do it right. I am far from happy with this grow out. I trusted in Sd and was convienced that he was the best grower. I know **** happens but I thought the coral grower had some responsibility. That is true you need good communication but the key is a good grower from the start and set the rules espeically if the corals die. Ckeck this out the grow outs space invader fell on my dooms day ( nice quarter size) ,no need to worry the dooms day died. Man, I have 3 space invaders plus our grow outs all roughly the same size but one dooms day. Lesson learned. Anyways I'll take inventory and pic's of what I have and if the other grower does the same we can go from there.

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a store at Summerfest here in Milw. and we start setting up 2maro. I'll take pic,s b4 this weekend,then lets decide whats whats. Summerfest takes up all my time Sunrise to Sunrise ha ha..Once a year festival which plays a large part of my business. thanks

yourracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back jdreef!! We miss you!! Hope you do some update for us this time.

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN1279.jpg
DSCN1302.jpg
DSCN1283.jpg
This stinks the two small ones witherd away and the one in the rear looks like it reseded a bit but hasnt got any worse. I havent had any changes in my tank until today I had to take off cuz my power went out a my temp. spiked to 82, I think I caught everything in time and most of everything is doing ok. I'll take pic's of the Space invader which is still one large eye and the other one. I feel terriable that this grow out went so wrong. Has any one talked to SD yet to find out if he's replacing any of the chalices that died in his tank. I have a large collection so if there is anything I can do I will. I'll take more pic's later..

yourracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. Have you find out which ones do you have? Well I try to PM SD couple times but didnt get any reply. I dont mine adding more to the collection if you dont mind. Thank you.

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I think we should split up and figure out whats what. I'll be sending pic's of what I got from SD and we'll figure out our next step.

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember Sd sent me 7 chalices after his tank crashed and I took pic's of them all when I received them so I wouldnt get blamed for there rough shape and or dieing in my tank once I got them. The chalices that are alive in my tank now I will take responsibility for them but only them and not the ones SD had. It was a group decision to have SD be the grower. I have to look back but I remember there was someone who said they would only be in the growout if SD was the grower. Trust me I'm up-set to and am out the same as everyone. I thought I was doing everyone a favor by getting our chalices to a stable tank and from SD before they all died and or disappeared. My tank runs cherry and I have some nice peices of my own growing for awhile.. Sure I have issues now and then but catch them in time not to cause full blown death. I test every day because of the amount of $ I have invested and would be devastated if that we could use for replacemnts but to be honest with you I want to get out. The last three grow outs I was in (me not being a grower in any of them) all turned into a nightmare.. Thanks to Joker in my first grow-out that he saved just in time. I'm doing my best with what I have to work with and like everyone else can't afford to just throw $ away.

yourracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for everything. Maybe we can trade some chalices when my chalices grows big. I think SD did a good job it might be the corals to start out with being so small and not fully encrust in the frags. It was a joke paying so much and the frags being so small.

gumby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about this but Jd is straight up guy helped me out when I needed help and has outrageous collection ,been trying to get him to frag pieces for long, looooong time lol

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys. I think I talked to everyone. Let me know if you have any objections or suggestions but I think we are in agreement that we need to 1) Figure out what we have and then 2) split these out to everyone. Although we haven't really seen Paint Guys stuff I believe he has:

Paint Guy
1) My Miami 3-4 eyes
2) Three Acans
3) One Favia.

From the pictures I believe JD Reef has:

JD Reef
1) Flamethrower
2) Space Invader
3) Hybrid Watermelon
4) Pink *******
5)
6)
7)

Please add the names of the one's I don't know about. Or please provide feedback. Once we get the list we can decide if any are worth fragging or if we just take a couple each.

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys. I think I talked to everyone. Let me know if you have any objections or suggestions but I think we are in agreement that we need to 1) Figure out what we have and then 2) split these out to everyone. Although we haven't really seen Paint Guys stuff I believe he has:

Paint Guy
1) My Miami 3-4 eyes
2) Three Acans
3) One Favia.

From the pictures I believe JD Reef has:

JD Reef
1) Flamethrower
2) Space Invader
3) Hybrid Watermelon
4) Pink *******
5)
6)
7)

Please add the names of the one's I don't know about. Or please provide feedback. Once we get the list we can decide if any are worth fragging or if we just take a couple each.

so we started with:
Tangerine dreams
BPC Flame Thrower
Space Invader ALIVE JD
SC Swirly Icecream
SC Peace On Earth
Fiery Phoenix
SC Hybrid
Pink *******
SC Celebrity
Rainbow Magic
SC Boom Boom
SC Shocker
My Miami ALIVE PG
Crazy Fox
New additions from S.C. Mike
Purple Urkle
SC Frozen Watermelon
Acan 1 ALIVE PG
Acan 2 ALIVE PG
Acan 3 ALIVE PG
Favia 1 ALIVE PG
Favia 2
Orange Chalice

and the others that JD has.. started with 7(including the space invader) and the 2 smaller have died he says. So we have the 3 left on the tile and the other unknown one? I can't tell at all from the pics...

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One looks like pink ******* and one looks like watermelon. But I agree it's hard to tell from pictures.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back