Sexy Shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter gsw0716
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gsw0716

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2024
Messages
269
Reaction score
119
Location
Fairfield, ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair in my 10 gallon. They like to hang out on the back of my tank behind a rock. Besides being cute, do they ever venture around the tank? I know they like to be hosted by corals, I only have Zoas in my 10 gallon right now, any accommodations for them? I have move something like a duncan from my other tank if they might like a coral like that.
 
I have a pair in my 10 gallon. They like to hang out on the back of my tank behind a rock. Besides being cute, do they ever venture around the tank? I know they like to be hosted by corals, I only have Zoas in my 10 gallon right now, any accommodations for them? I have move something like a duncan from my other tank if they might like a coral like that.
A Little Rock flower anemone might do them good.

They don’t move around too much. A bit braver if you have no fish
 
A Little Rock flower anemone might do them good.

They don’t move around too much. A bit braver if you have no fish
I thought about moving a RFA over from my other tank, but they are huge, I may just buy a small one from my LFS. Do they like RFA the most?
 
A Little Rock flower anemone might do them good.

They don’t move around too much. A bit braver if you have no fish
I thought about moving a RFA over from my other tank, but they are huge, I may just buy a small one from my LFS. Do they like RFA the most?
I think they like carpet anemones the most, but impractical for a small tank. Maybe maxi minis if you like them, and have no fish?
 
A Little Rock flower anemone might do them good.

They don’t move around too much. A bit braver if you have no fish
^This! I have always thought about a small tank featuring Sexy Shrimp and RFA's, and I've found that I've suggested that tank to a few members recently, that now I want to start a new tank lol!
 
^This! I have always thought about a small tank featuring Sexy Shrimp and RFA's, and I've found that I've suggested that tank to a few members recently, that now I want to start a new tank lol!
I think a little 5 gallon tank with a clown goby and sexy shrimp would be awesome.
 
I think a little 5 gallon tank with a clown goby and sexy shrimp would be awesome.
I agree! In a smaller tank, inverts can be the stars of the show 🙂
 
My experience with sexy shrimp is that they roam all around the tank non-stop, they never stayed in the same place. How long have you had them? Maybe they need more time to feel comfortable enough to roam?

I stopped keeping them because they kept eating my zoa's
 
I thought about moving a RFA over from my other tank, but they are huge, I may just buy a small one from my LFS. Do they like RFA the most?
Yeah they do. Ive also had some host a BTA
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new