Shaggy's Waterbox Reef 100.3 +Plus Build

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lesson in how to drop a $1000 phone into a fish tank was learnt last night ! Picture came out good though !!

BEF22B9A-748E-4F87-9411-DCB8D09A3FCF.jpeg
That sucks but nice pic. BTW, guess who is working on their Waterbox today? I even started a build thread.

Dan Ugas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's talk about the wife! The day the equipment arrived she made it very clear that although she had given the green light, she really did not want a fish tank. Skip forward to the tank arrival, she made it clear, once again that this tank was a bad idea, it would look horrible and be noisy and she made it very obvious this project did not have her full support.

The tank build! She would turn her nose up and help under duress with the parts I needed two sets of hands help with. Again, "This is your tank, I want nothing to do with it"

Now skip forward to a beautiful looking tank. Water crystal clear, live rock doing live rock stuff. I'm sitting upstairs on my computer. All day today, she shouts upstairs, maybe every 20 mins or so. "Lee" I reply yes, in that drawn out yes way "Come and have a look at this thing on the rock" 20 mins later, "Oi, Lee" again, yes dear? "what's this thing on the rock" "what's making that tapping noise" She is sitting on a chair in front of the glass waiting to spy something!

It's a beautiful thing :)
LOL! Always gotta have wifey on board, otherwise the project moves slooooooooow. Family that reefs together stays together!

Dan Ugas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing setup you got there buddy! I’ve been reading step by step slowly. I’ll be getting part #2 this Saturday, gotta drive to San Antonio (about two hours north from home) since I live in a small town, well worth the trip (go there quite often). Looking forward to catch up to you in this setup!

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing setup you got there buddy! I’ve been reading step by step slowly. I’ll be getting part #2 this Saturday, gotta drive to San Antonio (about two hours north from home) since I live in a small town, well worth the trip (go there quite often). Looking forward to catch up to you in this setup!
Glad you like Dan! Thanks so much for reading! I get to San Antonio a lot! I actually really like it there!

Hugo’s_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey shaggy how’s your sand holding up when you crank up the mp40’s?? Is it flying all over the place or staying put ?

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok time from some updates. Still having issues with my Vectra. My overflow box is empty, then its overflowing into the emergency drain. It's be calibrated, I have tuned the overflow and still, about every 8 hours this is happening. As soon as I receive the APEX system I won in the Partner raffle I will be changing it out!

What else has happened? Well my parameters have really all fallen into line today, this is what I have with no dosing, I know I will need to as I add more corals, but for now this is what I have:

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5
PH - 8.2
Phosphate - 0.03
DKH - 9
Calcium - 410
Magnesium 1290

I caught another Gorilla crab today. Still got a couple to go, I enjoy the chase to be honest :) I had some more coral delivered from @AquaLocker . Really great service, everything turned up well packed and in good condition. I have some pods to go into the tank tomorrow when I do my water change as well.

I got some Reef Roids, a Polyplabs Lens for my phone which is really very good and I also got some elements for dosing, although I have not had to do any yet. Oh yeah, I also got an Aquamaxx frag rack. That is awesome, really looks great in the tank.

Here are some pics :)

IMG_3224.JPEG

IMG_3237.JPEG

IMG_3235.JPEG

IMG_3246.JPEG

IMG_3250.JPEG

IMG_3253.JPEG

IMG_3228.JPEG

IMG_3215.JPEG

DSC04133.jpg

20D2BA1F-A4CB-499C-816D-90FBE7EF6A29.jpg

8FDFFE88-FE2F-46F4-B2A2-687590AA2C08.jpg

Infidel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks great, nice setup! I can't wait to get my 100.3 delivered in around a month.

How's your skimmer doing? I'm either getting a NYOS Quantum 160 or a Reef Octopus eSsence S-130 (I'm leaning more towards the NYOS).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back