OP
OP
ShaneWedge

ShaneWedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to happy with the way I have the doser and how I’m not utilizing the middle shelf in the cabinet. Will be going through some tweaks this weekend and will post pictures as I go.

OP
OP
ShaneWedge

ShaneWedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pH has always been an issue with the hood. Even with a skimmer hooked up to an O2 scrubber. It now sits about 7.9 - 8.1contantly. I don't think I will chase it anymore. :) Clean up crew consists of mix of 15-20 snails and a diamond goby. I do however notice with the AI Prime 16HD the tank grows more green algea then before. I do have my red and green spectrum turned on though. I think I will most likely add about 10 more snails before I turn those spectrums off.

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your cube looks like its really settling in ! We've had ours about 9 months and just added a couple sps sticks . Really nice tank for small spaces . Heres ours after I accidentally collapsed all the rock moving something , now the coral needs to get recounted 20210311_151611.jpg
Gotta watch your dozer set up, I've been thinking about adding one

OP
OP
ShaneWedge

ShaneWedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your cube looks like its really settling in ! We've had ours about 9 months and just added a couple sps sticks . Really nice tank for small spaces . Heres ours after I accidentally collapsed all the rock moving something , now the coral needs to get recounted 20210311_151611.jpg
Gotta watch your dozer set up, I've been thinking about adding one
Very nice. What urchin is that? Looks albino.

OP
OP
ShaneWedge

ShaneWedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did all the cutting with a dremel. After cutting, I smoothed the rough edges down a bit. Cleaning was the fun part.. NOT !! Took some white vinegar, wiped down the edges that I just modded. Then took my siphon tube and cleaned out the 2 back chambers in case any plastic got back there. Also sucked water out of the main tank as well and just made it a 15% water change weekend. Only thing I don't like at this moment is all the micro bubbles in the main tank as the skimmer is breaking in. Think I will invest in the bubble diffuser for this skimmer and see if that helps during the break in process. Also might reroute the return tubes as well. We'll see !!

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back