Shark Fin Ocellarius

  • Thread starter Thread starter N suter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

N suter

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not sure what thread to ask this in, it doesn't seem to be rot or anything other than fin nip. I added a photo of my female ocellarius, who has been in the tank for over 5 months. She was bought with this "nip" in her dorsal fin, but it still has not grown back. Not sure if it is something more, or that I am over reacting. I thought it would grow back by now.

Water perimeters are 1.025 with an ATO. 0 nitrate, nitrite, as well as ammonia. Temp is at 79 degrees.

None of its tank mates have been harrassing the pair of clowns since they have been in there. Tank mates are a Firefish, Kole Tang, Cardnalfish, a diamond watchman goby and a few reef hermit crabs.

IMG_2005.JPG
 
You are in the right place. They look great.
 
You are in the right place. They look great.

Thank you! I kind of like the "shark fin". I just thought, if it was going to grow back, it would start to show signs of it doing so. She seems healthy, so no worries there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new