Sharpening Bone Cutters

  • Thread starter Thread starter ptrusk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ptrusk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
426
Reaction score
369
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bone cutters have become very dull. Couldn't even cut through a 1/4 inch acro. Can see the edge is pretty chewed up and can feel a burr. I have a decent selection of knife sharpeners however the small space limits their use. Sharpmaker/crock stick might fit. They are BRS bone cutters so I imagine the steel is pretty sheet.

Anyone have any tips?

EDIT: after a closer look, it appears I can take off the spring which would expose more of the business end. Is this the way?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new