Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Tomini Tang about 4 weeks ago, he’s very small, about an inch long, and very sweet.

He hid in the rocks for the first 2 weeks and I thought I’d lost him. He was getting some serious bullying from the usual Coral Beauty bully of the tank!

He’s now all settled in and eating well and swimming around and hence I’ve been able to get a few pictures of him.

7585975712_IMG_2695.JPG
7585975712_IMG_2694.JPG
7585975712_IMG_2693.JPG
7585975712_IMG_2692.JPG
7585975712_IMG_2691.JPG

Cute Little fish. I have seen small ones a while ago and they were very nice.

I like to buy fish as small as I can get and watch them grow.

KevD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

I've just started my new build thread on here and my tank has reached 1 year old this month.

This is pretty much my first tank of any kind, other than a Max E260 which I had for a few months before getting hooked on the hobby.

I've learned quickly as much as I can. Anyway, I know everyone likes pictures so here are a few and also a video link if it's works!

Awesome reef you have going on.......thanks for sharing the pics. Kevin

klisby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build. Restarting my S-500 after moving. Curing rock as speak, and should be able to cycle within 3-4 weeks. First time start up with dry "live rock"
I ran NEPTUNE WAV as additional flow for my S-500 but it seems like you are doing just fine with the stock flow?
How do you like the Nyos skimmer?
Looking to change out sump so I can get a bigger fuge and run Triton!
I will be following your build closely.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build. Restarting my S-500 after moving. Curing rock as speak, and should be able to cykle within 3-4 weeks. First time start up with dry "live rock"
I ran NEPTUNE WAV as additional flow for my S-500 but it seems like you are doing just fine with the stock flow?
How do you like the Nyos skimmer?
Looking to change out sump so I can get a bigger fuge and run Triton!
I will be following your build closely.
Thanks @klisby for your kind comments!

If your cycling just use something like ATM Colony. It’s 2018 and you don’t need to wait, I had fish in within a few days using Colony.

I don’t think you need any additional flow to be honest as you have all the rear circulation pumps and return as well. I’ve never had any issues.

The NYOS skimmer is excellent and I can’t fault it at all. Very easy to clean and totally silent. A massive improvement on the C Skim, no comparison.

If you need to know anything just ask.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is doing well with the tank and the only thing to report is I’ve started using the new Red Sea media filter cups holding filter wool instead of socks as a trial.

They are very good and effective but I haven’t made my mind up whether to use this method or go back to socks, just because washing the socks in the washing machine with a little bleach and then rinsing in another wash is so easy.

I think the water maybe a little clearer but I could be imagining this.

Anyway here’s a picture of a green coral with long wavy tentacles! Lol

7585975712_IMG_2707.JPG

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is doing well with the tank and the only thing to report is I’ve started using the new Red Sea media filter cups holding filter wool instead of socks as a trial.

They are very good and effective but I haven’t made my mind up whether to use this method or go back to socks, just because washing the socks in the washing machine with a little bleach and then rinsing in another wash is so easy.

I think the water maybe a little clearer but I could be imagining this.

Anyway here’s a picture of a green coral with long wavy tentacles! Lol

7585975712_IMG_2707.JPG
Nice Goni !!!

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goniopora , this coral is one of the few LPS that I like.
And it will benefit greatly with some target feeding.
I gave up target feeding corals ages ago, I tend to ‘broadcast feed’ which basically means throwing in some Reef Energy or phytoplankton every few days, and they also get fish waste, the lucky corals them!

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

I've just started my new build thread on here and my tank has reached 1 year old this month.

This is pretty much my first tank of any kind, other than a Max E260 which I had for a few months before getting hooked on the hobby.

I've learned quickly as much as I can. Anyway, I know everyone likes pictures so here are a few and also a video link if it's works!

Awesome tank with some gorgeous fish. Impressive at 18 months mature and first reef tank.
Laissez les bonne temps roulee,
Patrick

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank with some gorgeous fish. Impressive at 18 months mature and first reef tank.
Laissez les bonne temps roulee,
Patrick
Thank you Patrick for your kind words, greatly appreciated!

It’s just over 2 years old now.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back