Red Sea max s-650 with reef mat

d.nguyener92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have Red Sea max s-650 run a reefmat? Trying to figure out how to set up and placement in sump.

IMG_8715.jpeg IMG_8713.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

06ADAC58-B9D2-4FB0-BDD8-43DF3349BECE.png

OP
OP
D

d.nguyener92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

06ADAC58-B9D2-4FB0-BDD8-43DF3349BECE.png
I believe the that might be the 500 model. The one I have seems bit to large

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since your tank is dry I would highly recommend pulling out the sump and cutting out the filter sock "holders" and the original water drain section behind the filter socks. You want that whole area to be 1 compartment.

When you turn off your return pump for any reason the sump will fill that rear compartment and their is no way to get the water out of that area without pumping it out. It will also make it easier to get the hosing to play nice for reefmat.

If you have any questions let me know. The max s line is the expensive red headed step child of red sea products and are mostly an after thought for red sea in terms on accessory compatibility.

OP
OP
D

d.nguyener92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since your tank is dry I would highly recommend pulling out the sump and cutting out the filter sock "holders" and the original water drain section behind the filter socks. You want that whole area to be 1 compartment.

When you turn off your return pump for any reason the sump will fill that rear compartment and their is no way to get the water out of that area without pumping it out. It will also make it easier to get the hosing to play nice for reefmat.

If you have any questions let me know. The max s line is the expensive red headed step child of red sea products and are mostly an after thought for red sea in terms on accessory compatibility.

OP
OP
D

d.nguyener92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show me what you mean? This version tank doesn’t have a play to put socks so I’m not sure what you mean

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back