Sheridan Reefer new on this forum

Adamacid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey im a pretty new Sheridan reefer, and Tim told me to post on this site. Guess ill tell you guys what i have going on for a reef system. Starting from the top i am running 1 Marineland reef capable LED 24-36" on a 30 gal tank with about 90lbs sand and maybe 50-60 lbs live rock. I have a (half-full) 10 gal that i use as my sump, with about 10 lbs live sand and about 15 lbs reef rubble. For filtration i use a Marineland 4 stage C-220 inline with Livegard aquatics QL-15 UV sterilizer. My return pump is a quiteone 2200. well that's my setup and i'm glad i because join a local reef community :bigsmile:

Natclanwy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum and to hobby!!!!

I've had a reef tank for about six years now currently I have:
75 gallon with a shallow sand bed and ~150lbs of live rock.
30g sump with a refugium w/ deep sand bed and chaeto.
AquaC EV-180 protien skimmer
4000gph flow in the display
2- 250w MH and 4- 65w compact flourescents
Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Elite to keep it all running while I'm away.

My tank has seen better days, my job eats up most of my time so it definetly doesn't recieve the attention it needs hopefully someday things will slow down so I can get back into this hobby full swing.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

OP
OP
A

Adamacid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the welcome, i also i forgot to mention i have a 200watt titanium heater

str8salt

OG SALT CREEP!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Adam, sorry for taking so long to get on here and welcome you. So without delay, WELCOME!!!!!!. Nice to see you as well John. I was telling Adam about the aquaC brand and how you started the local aquac revolution. lol. Now its time for me to chase Adams example and go led. Later

LONG LIVE THE CREEPS!!!

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to hear that someone local is running LEDs would love to see your tank sometime just to get an idea of how things are working.

OP
OP
A

Adamacid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah it would be nice to show it off, i like what i hear about this "pilgrimage" that goes on near Christmas and i would like to see it we could get one going this year. i would love to see what other tanks there are in Sheridan, and show mine off. Plus if its near Christmas that will give me time to finishing curing my newest live rocks and get them in. let me know what you guys think.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm certainly up for it - maybe by then I will have my own tanks back in shape. Last time we did it, it was the end of March, but perhaps around Christmas would work better for everyone? We'll see what everyone says. Adam if you will PM me your email address, I add you to the emails for the "reef club".

OP
OP
A

Adamacid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i sent you my email, also, i got some frags from tim the other day and this lil guy and his buddy were on the bottom of one. i cant seem to get the pic to load for some reason, but im pretty sure it is a pseudocorynactis caribbeorum they are pretty cool looking lil guys, if i can ever get photos to work (or some one can explain how to do nice big ones) i will post some for you guys so you can give um a look too.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back