Shipping Acros and other SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefguy13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefguy13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2017
Messages
637
Reaction score
229
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been fragging some of my corals and selling locally but some stuff hasnt sold so I thought id try selling on here. I have shipped lps and zoas before but never acros. Is there anything different needed for shipping them over night? I always put my frags suspended in a sample cup and tape the lid on as well in insulated shipping boxes. I have some higher-end pieces and am just nervous about shipping them for the first time in case they die. Thoughts!?
 
I always used sample cups as well, worked perfectly fine, for less branchy frags you can use 4mm plastic bags doubled up to save weight. The main thing is temperature, too cold is better than too hot, and try not to have much of an air pocket that could leave part of the coral exposed if tipped upside-down. Boxes get tossed around and thrown into giant bins for transport, so pack tightly and you should be fine.
 
Ok thats good to know Than you. I as told you have to leave ample room for air for acros but i was confused as how to do that. I like to put them in styrofoam secured upside down to the lid so they cant get out of water that way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new