Shipping corals questions

dbleoh7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty much everyone in my area has my corals so now I'm having to ship some out to people as they continue to grow. I've only shipped soft corals previously but I have softies, SPS, LPS that need new homes.

I am going to double bag the softies and LPS and then for SPS I'm going to ship them in the urine drug screen containers. I've had people ship them to me with styrofoam at the plug base and that seems like a good idea to ensure the corals stay underwater and doesn't hit the sides of the container... Is there a certain type of styrofoam you need to use that won't be toxic? Where do you get it? Any other ideas that are better than the styrofoam?

I also picked up 48 hour heat packs... At what temp would you use these? I'm in Florida so I wouldn't use it down here but if I'm shipping to the midwest or something wondering if I would use one.

taytay_1119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had one retailer ship frags in a little plastic cup with an ‘x’ carved on the bottom so they can slide the frag plug through there. If you’re worried it would slip out I imagine a dab of glue on the bottom of frag where that x is would hold it if applicable. Not sure on styrofoam as I’ve only ordered coral 1x

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back