Shipping delay and small carpet anemone

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Amoo and any other anemone savvy folks.

I received a 3" Haddoni carpet from Live Aquaria today. It was supposed to have been delivered on Saturday, but sadly UPS messed this one up and it arrived early this morning.

When it arrived this AM I really couldn't tell if it was dead or alive, there was a lot of crud in the bag but its oral disc wasn't fully gaping. It was still a pretty light green. I did as Live Aquaria advised and extended the acclimation period, using temperature and then drip for 2 hours. Still looked okay. Pretty sure it was alive.

Put it into the tank with powerheads/lights off and have been checking it all day. It has not buried it's foot, a bit of one edge looks pretty macerated, and it looks like there is some damage to the edges of its orifice. Here are a few pics. I did see a bit of tissue from the skirt slough off when I tried to get flow going again.

Still in the bag this AM, immediately after arrival. Looking rough.

nem1.JPG

After 2 hrs drip acclimation and placing in tank with powerheads/return off.

nem2.JPG

Last 2 are a few minutes ago. Has been in the tank for about 5 hours.

nem3.JPG
nem4.JPG

It is sticky, but nonreactive as far as I can tell. I have been trying not to mess with it. I know its sticky because I tried to turn return on and it flipped over, so I put it back. I do have a small powerhead moving water in the tank.

Just want a reality check on expectations, chance of survival. How long do I leave it in the tank like this. Its small so I'm not worried about it fouling the tank. It was travelling from CA to WA and from what I can tell spent the weekend in Ontario, CA.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an update?

OP
OP
PiscesPower

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, sadly it did not survive. When I got up
This morning it was already disintegrating and I took it out. LA credited my account no questions asked, no need for a photo. Really happy with their customer service.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • D/C

Votes: 63 64.3%
  • Both

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 14 14.3%
Back