Shipping Gaurentee is a joke here

Chincaca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry but this whole "I'm not responsible for shipping delays" is BS. I know most of you are hobbiest and to take a lost because some stupid delivery driver cant do his job hurts. But if you wanna make money selling and you decide to ship. Then the responsibility is yours. I've been in freshwater tropicals for 25 years. How long do you think the company I work for would be in business if we said tuff FedEx screwed upped. No, we eat it and move on. My favorite is "act of God" . Well that covers just about everything. I can't believe this is common place in this community. To me it's a bunch of greedy ppl who don't have confidence,courage to stand behind their product. So, if you ordered from Amazon and it never showed you are cool with them keeping your money. When I get to the point of selling I will GAURENTEE my items no matter what. Maybe some of you should stand up and do so also.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely agree. I had an order a couple weeks ago that I shipped out. Got delayed overnight and both of the acros were toast the following day. Gave a full refund. Sucks but I’m not going to make someone order frags and end up losing all of their money and end up with nothing. I would never order from someone that says they are not responsible if the package is delayed.

I do only offer arrive alive guarantee on acro frags though. Mainly because I have no idea how people dip their corals or what they dip in and I can’t be responsible if someone dips a coral that looked perfectly healthy in the bag and then melts after their dip.

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order with Fish of Hex, order was supposed to ship Wed with a Friday arrival so when nothing showed I checked the tracking number and all it showed was "Label created" but nothing else. Emailed him and it's not his fault, no worries it'll be there next Wed. Hope my Phyto is still alive after sitting in Texas heat for 4-6 days...

Placed an order with Live Aquaria this past weekend and they said it will ship out Tuesday and arrive Wed so I took half a day off on this Wed so I could be there to receive the fish so they're not in this heat wave and get them acclimated and in the tank quickly. Just got an email this morning, won't be here til Thursday, there went half a days pay for nothing and I can't get off tomorrow. Of course it's all due to this BS Covid. I don't think Covid caused these vendors to ship later than they promised.

PS-Not to be a spellcheck **** but it's Guarantee. ;)

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry but this whole "I'm not responsible for shipping delays" is crap. I know most of you are hobbiest and to take a lost because some stupid delivery driver cant do his job hurts. But if you wanna make money selling and you decide to ship. Then the responsibility is yours. I've been in freshwater tropicals for 25 years. How long do you think the company I work for would be in business if we said tuff FedEx screwed upped. No, we eat it and move on. My favorite is "act of God" . Well that covers just about everything. I can't believe this is common place in this community. To me it's a bunch of greedy ppl who don't have confidence,courage, balls to stand behind their product. So, if you ordered from Amazon and it never showed you are cool with them keeping your money. When I get to the point of selling I will GAURENTEE my items no matter what. Maybe some of you should stand up and do so also.

If someone ships coral it's not their responsibility to cover a shipping delay that's 100% out of their control... The awesome thing is you have the option to not buy if you don't agree with that.

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
No one should be shipping livestock during the current world pandemic. Every carrier has stated they no longer can meet over night criteria. Not only that some items have a higher priority than others.

No hobbyist should be buying. And if they do ask the vendor to tag it and keep it until shipping gets back to normal. They shouldn't have a issue with that.

OP
OP
C

Chincaca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one should be shipping livestock during the current world pandemic. Every carrier has stated they no longer can meet over night criteria. Not only that some items have a higher priority than others.

No hobbyist should be buying. And if they do ask the vendor to tag it and keep it until shipping gets back to normal. They shouldn't have a issue with that.
Well then a lot of ppl would be hurting more. We have been sending out hundreds of boxes of fish a week. Business is actually up from last year.

Are you saying that these gaurentees are not normal? That before pandemic ppl gaurenteed deliveries. Kinda new here. But looking at old post I don't believe that to be true.

OP
OP
C

Chincaca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone ships coral it's not their responsibility to cover a shipping delay that's 100% out of their control... The awesome thing is you have the option to not buy if you don't agree with that.
That's just ridiculous. A customer paid for a product you owe them a product. It not about whose fault it is. So, now the sellers chime in lol. I've shipped out millions of fish in my lifetime. We have always stood behind everyone of them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No insults. . . . . it's . . . G U A R A N T E E

U

User1

View Badges
Well then a lot of ppl would be hurting more. We have been sending out hundreds of boxes of fish a week. Business is actually up from last year.

Are you saying that these gaurentees are not normal? That before pandemic ppl gaurenteed deliveries. Kinda new here. But looking at old post I don't believe that to be true.

Please do not blur the lines. I'm strictly talking about carriers and their service guarantee due to the Coronavirus. Take UPS for example. They suspended service guarantee until further notice. UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, or others have done similar.

What this means is that they no longer guarantee overnight delivery. Knowing this why would anyone order livestock be it a guppy, coral, or any other animal that requires less than 24 hours from storefront to buyers door? Seems like common sense to be and saves both seller and buyer the hassle and money.

Scoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's basic customer service. Also all my packages from UPS and Fedex have showed up on time, it could vary by region ?

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although these debates often get heated, they don't need to. All professional sellers offer refunds or credit for DOAs, regardless of shipping delays. Hobbyist sellers need to do the same. The risk must be shared between buyer and seller.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just ridiculous. A customer paid for a product you owe them a product. It not about whose fault it is. So, now the sellers chime in lol. I've shipped out millions of fish in my lifetime. We have always stood behind everyone of them.
It’s not ridiculous, and DOA and shipping policies are known in advance. Again it’s a free market, so feel free not to order. Are you calling me a seller? I’ve sold, but if you want my coral you have to come get it. I haven’t shipped a single coral.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please do not blur the lines. I'm strictly talking about carriers and their service guarantee due to the Coronavirus. Take UPS for example. They suspended service guarantee until further notice. UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, or others have done similar.

What this means is that they no longer guarantee overnight delivery. Knowing this why would anyone order livestock be it a guppy, coral, or any other animal that requires less than 24 hours from storefront to buyers door? Seems like common sense to be and saves both seller and buyer the hassle and money.

Well because I've been waiting for awhile & only 2 were available. I've had no problems lately so I guess it depends on where you live

20200609_150441.jpg

U

User1

View Badges
Well because I've been waiting for awhile & only 2 were available. I've had no problems lately so I guess it depends on where you live

20200609_150441.jpg

Sure. It was an acceptable risk for you. Onus is on the hobbyist to weight that and I'm not here to judge. However, if the shipment didn't make it what then based on the current world situation and known carrier statements? Would you expect the seller to eat it or you? Nothing is free and most sellers factor shipping and policies in their prices. So at the end of the day we, the hobbyist, all pay in the end.

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great shipping results from @Vivid Aquariums

2 shipments during covid delivered with care. One was delayed (fedex) but they packed things so well that the livestock were given a good shot at recovery.

James in customer service has been incredibly responsive. And I am high maintenance hahaha

Class act company

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. It was an acceptable risk for you. Onus is on the hobbyist to weight that and I'm not here to judge. However, if the shipment didn't make it what then based on the current world situation and known carrier statements? Would you expect the seller to eat it or you? Nothing is free and most sellers factor shipping and policies in their prices. So at the end of the day we, the hobbyist, all pay in the end.

Speaking for me personally. I read the live arrival guarantee and was ok with it even if it's just store credit. I took the risk of eating the $40 shipping if something went wrong.

There wasnt a big surprise gotcha. It was all in writing so I understood what I was getting into & saw where the riots were happening. The weather looked ok so if it was delayed a day I thought the fish would be ok

Different vendors have different rules. I dont understand why we need a standardized set of rules based on a few people's opinion. If you dont like their rules then dont give them your business. The market will sort it out for you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back