Shipping now with variable heat in areas????

  • Thread starter Thread starter spankey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

spankey

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With summer upon most of us, what method are others using due to heat? I live in PA and days have been in the high 80's. I actually shipped a package to sunny California the other day.....83 here and it turned out it was a low that day of 60?????

I know most try to gauge on weather but what method are people using today? Heat packs, ice packs?

Just curious? If I had to ship say zoa's would just a thermos do?

Thanks for your replies...

Spank.
 
i just use heat or cold packs as needed or ordered. most of the times i look up the destination of a package on weather.com get get an idea what things will be like when they arrive.

Also to better the odds i do not ship my packages until the very last second. i set up my pick up for 7 at night. this ensures that the coral wont be sitting in some truck during the hottest parts of the day. much cooler at night and they arrive in the morning. i find this helps things a great deal.

i also have been using the plastic cups for years which better insulates the corals
 
If i ship i just check there weather and pack accodingly ie heat or ice packs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new