Shipping questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter ethridge78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2013
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
239
Location
oak grove,mo
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about shipping zoas for the first time and I have been looking at shipping boxes and containers, peanuts ,baggies and so on . I don't know what size box to get and was looking at urine containers is there a good place you recommend to buy all this at ?
 
Just gotta shop around found the urine cups on amazon for about .30 cents a piece, you can also find the insulated shipping boxes there. If you search more you may find them cheaper. I found the boxes for like $2 each. the box size will depend on how much your shipping. Good Luck.
 
You can buy insulated shipping boxes like these. Probably even find them cheaper if you look around. Google works.

Insulated Shipping Box 7" x 7" x 6" with 1 2" Foam One Box | eBay


I've received several shipments in homemade insulated shipping boxes.
People have found boxes in the 8" x8" x8" range and lined them with 1/2" Styrofoam.
The secrete to making a good insulated box is making all the pieces fit tight.
A good lid is also important.

I'd also ask at your LFS to see if they have any small insulated shipping boxes.

What ever you use to hold the coral, baggies, urine cups, Tupperware, make sure they are water tight and will never leak.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new