Shipping Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter xiaoxiy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xiaoxiy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2013
Messages
1,268
Reaction score
2,042
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what everyone's shipping schedule/routine was in terms of packing/drop off times.

In brief, I typically leave for work at 7AM and don't get home until 6PM at the earliest on weekdays. This makes me hesitant to pursue shipping further as I would have to either pack the shipment in the morning for drop in the morning or after work. I don't think it would be feasible for me to come home after work, package up the corals, and then get them to the drop-off location before cutoffs.

For those of you who ship corals regularly, how the heck do you make it work around a full-time work schedule? Do you:
(1) Pack in the morning and keep package with you at work all day to drop off after work?
(2) Pack in the morning and drop off in the morning?
(3) Wait until after work to pack and ship?

I'm trying to figure out whether shipping is even a feasible option with my schedule going forward.
 
Honestly depends on the types of corals and the weather! Given your options I would go with the first option.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new