Shipping

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So question... how do you guys get such cheap rates such as hobbiest, i went. Good ship to someone that is only 7 hours away overnight arrive by 1030am for Thursday for Friday shipping with UPS and paid 91$ basically took a hit cause USPS wasn't doing guarantee that it was arrive next say and they said it was maybe 2 days...

How are you guys getting 50$ flat rate shipping with FedEx? I didn't try cause it was to late by the time I needed to ship so I paid the 91$ AND SAID W.E....

Any help will be appreciated! I live in New York, I have never paid anything like this ever since 2013. Insane.

OP
OP
A$AP-Reefer

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've shipped well over hundreds of packages and was in ourrage with today, guess I should've done my research before I shipped my first package in forever.. this pandemic really screwed over everything, assuming they are just running with this crap and saying they can't arrive on time and bang everyone over the head.. so messed up,

anyways I just read another post with someone and it said to use finiship? I will go ahead and research that now for my future boxes I need to ship out. Sheesh, this was a learning curve.

ATAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overnight will obviously be based on size and weight, but prices have gone up significantly, along with most of the companies not guaranteeing scheduled delivery, but most vendors just eat partial cost. Even discounted shipping is more than $50. Part of doing business.

OP
OP
A$AP-Reefer

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy heck .... I just checked the place I had to ship to and looked at finiship ... I would've only paid 37.50$ for my package, super stocked I just learned about this.. I took a huge hit on my package... but it is what it is, guess it's the price I pay for not researching comming back into shipping coral around the states...

OP
OP
A$AP-Reefer

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overnight will obviously be based on size and weight, but prices have gone up significantly, along with most of the companies not guaranteeing scheduled delivery, but most vendors just eat partial cost. Even discounted shipping is more than $50. Part of doing business.

Just checked the finiship site and it would've only costed me 38$ basically for overnight 1030 through FedEx. Insane how things have changed since 2015 until now

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it is a lot more expensive but those sites help a lot. Even worse is the "next day by 10:30" now just means "whenever they can get to it"

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it is a lot more expensive but those sites help a lot. Even worse is the "next day by 10:30" now just means "whenever they can get to it"

100% this. I recently shipped from Socal the AZ. Didn't even have to go on a plane. Didn't arrive until noon on the second day.

FedEx gave me a song and dance about high volume through the hubs.....

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go.finiship.com is the best place for shipping labels. Used them before they even had a website and got way better deals

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back