OP
OP
xshmoox

xshmoox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just broken in now I think I still have to close the valve maybe a hair more on the bottom to raise the internal water up a tad but it’s skimming very well. Probably have 2-3 inches of very dark skimmate in the cup. I think you’ll be perfectly fine with it. I mean it is a pretty big skimmer it’s almost as big as the skimz I had in there I’d venture a guess probably would be good up to a good 75 gallon or so heavily stocked.

OP
OP
xshmoox

xshmoox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine at most probably have to empty 1 time a week maybe every other. How often do you have to empty? I also aim for a dry skim not wet btw. I’m probably gonna end a couple more fish as I’m only down to the tomini, the purple tang, the flame angel and 1 clown and some snails. I haven’t seen the wrasses in weeks so I can only assume they passed away. But want to add another radiant wrasse and a clown to pair back up with the other so it isn’t lonely but I’m either thinking a couple damsels to help with pests or some

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine at most probably have to empty 1 time a week maybe every other. How often do you have to empty? I also aim for a dry skim not wet btw. I’m probably gonna end a couple more fish as I’m only down to the tomini, the purple tang, the flame angel and 1 clown and some snails. I haven’t seen the wrasses in weeks so I can only assume they passed away. But want to add another radiant wrasse and a clown to pair back up with the other so it isn’t lonely but I’m either thinking a couple damsels to help with pests or some
right now I am cleaning about little more than every week with the collection cup not completely full. Its not completely dry skim, but not super wet either. I just didnt want to have to clean more than once a week since the skimmer doesn't have an external waste collector port.

OP
OP
xshmoox

xshmoox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right now I am cleaning about little more than every week with the collection cup not completely full. Its not completely dry skim, but not super wet either. I just didnt want to have to clean more than once a week since the skimmer doesn't have an external waste collector port.
Yeah that was the one downside I didn’t like about it but I’m very limited on space in this sump and it barely fits. Are you running filter socks or no

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that was the one downside I didn’t like about it but I’m very limited on space in this sump and it barely fits. Are you running filter socks or no
yea I am running filter socks as well. Changing those out a little bit under a week. The skimmer barely fits in my sump :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I have a small 14x14 eshopps sump and it takes up 90% of skimmer compartment. (I also have the air intake slightly tilted so it fits). Here's a photo:
1673041580420.png

OP
OP
xshmoox

xshmoox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I am running filter socks as well. Changing those out a little bit under a week. The skimmer barely fits in my sump :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I have a small 14x14 eshopps sump and it takes up 90% of skimmer compartment. (I also have the air intake slightly tilted so it fits). Here's a photo:
1673041580420.png
My skimmer chamber is only like a half inch wider than that lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back