Shoreline Pet update

GobyApparatus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2014
Messages
341
Reaction score
236
Location
Old Saybrook, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

It's been a difficult few weeks. Delay after delay.... mostly because the bank closed on my loan 3 weeks later then they said they would. I also had to move in with my mother who was diagnosed with cancer for the 3rd year in a row. This time it's pretty bad and she can't drive or do much around the house. So I'm not getting much sleep. This week my shelving arrived and more than half the shelves were badly damaged so it will be at least another week before I get those. Picked up my fish room system in VA this week as well. It's all here but will need some time to get running. My focus now is to get the store open so I can get some money rolling through the doors to pay help to put the fish system together. I'm still shooting for a May 1st soft opening but it may be more like the middle of May. I've had to delay dry good orders because of the shelving debacle. Not enough room to keep everything on the floor.

I have an extra 4' X 8' frag tank for sale. Or would trade for help in the fish room. Anyone who wants to volunteer a hand on and day can give me a call at the store 860-388-0784. I canalso trade store credit and i have some used equipment.... skimmers, heaters, biocube etc...

It will all work out and the store will look great. Just going to take a bit longer and a lot more money than expected.

Jeromy
 
Sending good thoughts to you for your mom. Cancer is awful but we have made some progress; I hope it can help her. Hang in there, Jeromy. Build it and we can't wait to come.
 
Looking forward to coming by later this week!
 
I helped out at Shoreline Today and the store is coming along nicely! Looking forward to doing some shopping as soon as the open!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430423226.082221.jpg
 
Nice sign... it's crazy seeing it for real... it was just a couple weeks ago when we were voting on it... wish I was a little less busy this time of year so I could come down and help out... but I will definitely be by there this summer... good luck
 
I'm somewhere between 7-14 days away from opening. At this point it's just getting inventory in the computer system and pricing everything. The fish room will take more time. I just don't have enough hands to get it up aand can't hire people to help set it up until I have some money coming in the door. The store looks amazing though. I can pay anyone who wants to help out on the weekend in salt and fish food :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new