Short pulse, pulse length?

Bustyraker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently changed my schedule for my vortechs to include a period of short pulse mode after listening to one of Jason fox's speeches saying that it is great for sps growth. Since switching it a few weeks ago I have seen a great improvement in polyp extension. As of right now i have them set to a 2 second pulse. Just curious as to what everyone else uses, maybe a shorter or longer pulse? I can't go too much shorter because I don't want to create waves in my rimless tank but I could change it to long pulse mode and make a longer pulse if that would be beneficial.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
following. I use gyres and run them anywhere from .5 seconds to 10 second pulses depemding on the mode.

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we use the 2 sec (max) pulse, it seems to work...

but the mp60 wetside propellers keep spinning even during the 'stop' periods... is there an adjustment to make somewhere?

these things never seem to full stop during what should be the pause ;Spiderman;Spiderman;Spiderman;Spiderman;Spiderman

p.s.

our maxspect gyres are even worse - their pulse is, say for example max 60%, but during the 'pause' their minimum is always 10%, irritating closer acros :mad: so it never stops rotating

but we have a panta rhei that has a minimum of 1% during the pause, which works great

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back